Amp Question

bassplayinguy

• Members

So, i got what i think is a sweet deal on a fender pro junior amp, its brand new and its 299cdn.

I was looking for a small tube combo for my basement that i can noodle on, and i figure i have enough overdrive pedals that i can get really dirty sounds out of it if i need to, so the clean and partially driven sound is what im going for. I played it today and really liked the sound

im playing thru an HSS Strat with an SD pearly gates in bridge,

any opinions on this amp? i think the price is pretty nice since they go for that much US at musicians friend.

What do you think?

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

So, i got what i think is a sweet deal on a fender pro junior amp, its brand new and its 299cdn.

I was looking for a small tube combo for my basement that i can noodle on, and i figure i have enough overdrive pedals that i can get really dirty sounds out of it if i need to, so the clean and partially driven sound is what im going for. I played it today and really liked the sound

im playing thru an HSS Strat with an SD pearly gates in bridge,

any opinions on this amp? i think the price is pretty nice since they go for that much US at musicians friend.

What do you think?

I think you're Canadian.

• Members
Originally posted by bassplayinguy

umm im pretty sure its the fender design eminence speaker,

but i heard you can get them with the weber alnico in it, which if it doesnt have, ill probably end up getting one for it further down the road

If its blue it really sucks ass and if its the "Fender Special Design" (thats better and still sucks) but yeah, a speaker replacement is the best thing you can do to them, I have had 2 PJ's and replaced the speaker in both, one was blue and one was the "Fender Special Design" thats how I know the suck factor of the original speakers :freak:

Archived