Bloc Party is damn good

Argali

• Members
Originally posted by Kid_A

Gosh your soooo 6 months ago Eammon!

;)

Nah the album never done anything for me, it was a let down... After hearing Like Eating Glass and Banquet...

ah well.....

see, I remember you sending me "So Here We Are" and being sold on them right there. I know what you mean, though, there are some serious weak spots on the album - it coulda been trimmed down to a mindblowingly good EP rather than a pretty good full length.

• Members

So I listened to all of The Silent Alarm last night while stuck in traffic coming home from Thanksgiving dinner with my future mom-in-law. I really love the album, whereas my girlfriend Jamie thinks it's okay and somewhat unoriginal. She also thinks they'd be boring live, so there ya go.

I hear some Robert Smith in the vox too; Jamie, a much bigger Cure fan than I, does not. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

that Editors band is crap.

its like the Killers Jr, and the killers suck.

how many more clone bands will spring up like this one ?

BLUESMEN ?!

No f'in way, you're way off mark. Editors sound nothing like the Killers, their songs are much better. They have a much more raincoat band sound influenced by Echo & the Bunnymen, the Chameleons, and early Cure/Joy Division.

• Members

Oh man. Bloc Party isn't the most inspiring, and I am one of the people who thinks the drummer needs to chill, but having just heard The Rakes and witnessed their bog-standard Ian Curtis impersonator frontman, I have to say I like Bloc Party more than most of their peers- they are less slavishly retro and affected. Rehashing post-punk in 2005 is like being a teddy boy in '77. New Futureheads stuff is good and reminds me of 90s stuff like Kodiak, Scarfo etc.

• Members
Originally posted by walk_through_wa

if people are wanting to hear some new british bands... and no offence but the "new british bands" mentioned earlier have been around for ages...

try these

Battle

Bromheads Jacket

Elle Milano

Guillemots

Jeremy Warmsley

Jamie T

Good Shoes

• Members
Originally posted by houseofglass21

You wanna hear a new British band that's about 10 times better than Bloc Party and Interpol? Check out Editors and their record "The Back Room". The record hasn't been released in the US yet, but they'll be the next big thing in the indie world I'm sure.

Editors are a vile Coldplay knockoff. Not bad. hardly exciting. I like 8/4 as a time signature too, but it's hard to do at the moment without it sounding like Clocks. :wave: Editors.

• Members

I like Bloc party more than Futureheads.

I heard Bloc Party playing live at one of the festivals in Oz on the radio and it sound like they would be good live, a bit slopy and too fast at times but if you were actually there I'm sure they would have heaps of energy on stage:thu:

I would say that they are probably getting better live as well, so next tour they do I'm thinkin they will be awesome

Archived