Bloc Party is damn good

Argali

• Members

I dismissed this band purely on all the Pitchfork-geekery hype piled at its feet, but I finally got around to checking them out, and I'm very glad I did. I love the vocals and the bare-bones Tele tones are awesome. Anyone else dig these guys? How are they live?

• Members

I have some of thier stuff they did at the BBC,didnt sound too good.

I love the album :)

First band that poped in my head when I heard Banquet was the clash,just because of the bouncy rhythm.

You can definatly hear the Robert smith infuence in the vocals.

:thu: Good stuff

The Remix album is pretty good also.

• Members

Originally posted by Weatherbox

I've heard they kinda suck live. There's live footage of them on NPR's website (and many other great concerts) and it wasn't so hot, but I've heard them do live in studio work that sounded great. So, uh, I dunno. Love the record.

I saw them live earlier this year and thought they were damn good. Much better than I had been told or seen on shows like Dave Letterman. Maybe I just got lucky with that show.

• Members

one of the best gigs ive been to all year. on telly you dont really get the energy and frantic-ness they play with.

the drummers great

as for the futureheads. i love a couple of their stuff but i bought both albums at the same time, ive listened to the futureheads one twice if you're lucky whereas silent alarm still gets played every couple of days even over 6 months down the line.

• Members

Futureheads are really cool too, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to that one, and while the Bloc Party album has songs that I skip over because I find them boring, the Futureheads have songs I skip because they annoy the piss out of me. I can listen to Silent Alarm just about anytime and enjoy it.

• Members

Originally posted by mirrorball

I saw them live earlier this year and thought they were damn good. Much better than I had been told or seen on shows like Dave Letterman. Maybe I just got lucky with that show.

Quite

I got a live DVD with the CD (some bonus offer thing) and, though the singing is off a bit (though it still sounds good) the playing, all the effects, and the energy is all there live. I had new respect for them once I actually watched that DVD.

• Members
Originally posted by houseofglass21

You wanna hear a new British band that's about 10 times better than Bloc Party and Interpol? Check out Editors and their record "The Back Room". The record hasn't been released in the US yet, but they'll be the next big thing in the indie world I'm sure.

Bullets and Munich are cool songs... But they are nothing special live...

now the Futureheads.... One of my fav bands of this year! Bloc Party bore me...

:)

• Members
Originally posted by Kid_A

Bullets and Munich are cool songs... But they are nothing special live...

now the Futureheads.... One of my fav bands of this year! Bloc Party bore me...

:)

I saw the Futurheads ar Coachella as well...

i thought they were worse than bloc party!:confused:

• Members

bloc party are the best british band for about ten years. (be warned, slightly obsessed... i won't even go into my post count on their forum)

anyway, the whole live thing... basically they are either incredible or {censored}. Good example would be their set at glasto this year (very bad) and their set at leeds (one of the best shows i've ever seen)

great blokes aswell.
For those of you that heard the singles and loved them then bought the album and were dissapointed. Give it more time, like a fine wine it only gets better with age.

Oh, and if you et the chance check out the track they recorded for the warchild album ("the present") if new material like that is anything to go by then the second album will be genre defining

Archived