WOT: I'm using my neighbor's wireless

JimVW

• Members

I was just on the Internet for around an hour, then I turned my computer off and noticed that the DSL modem was not connected to power. It was a Twilight Zone moment.

I guess my neighbor has a wide open wireless network, and my computer found it when it couldn't find the DSL signal.

Wierd.

I suppose I should tell them and offer to reconfigure their router.

• Members

Originally posted by JimVW

I was just on the Internet for around an hour, then I turned my computer off and noticed that the DSL modem was not connected to power. It was a Twilight Zone moment.

I guess my neighbor has a wide open wireless network, and my computer found it when it couldn't find the DSL signal.

Wierd.

I suppose I should tell them and offer to reconfigure their router.

It is the neighborly thing to do. Though I dream of a wireless grid throughout Ballard.

• Members

Kind've sucks for me, because I live in an area where people can't even afford DIALUP, let alone broadband.... Yet I have tons and tons of neighbors crammed right next to me.

So unfortunately if my connection goes down, I'm out of luck. I could only wish I had neighbors rich enough to leech off of. One of my neighbors are a family of almost 13 people, most of which are kids, and they don't even have a computer. It's mind boggling. :confused:

Ah, the ghetto. :thu:

Archived