The Gearpage Emporium...gear flogging nirvana or full of newbie scammers?????

Jaymeister

• Members

I've been looking for a few things, and kept an eye out at the gearpage in their "emporium" section. I think it's a great idea BTW to have a section dedicated to spam.

It seems like a lot of good gear is flogged over there every day, and stuff is snapped up right away.

My problem is that many people there have very few posts, and for some their first post is spam...yet people are PM'ing back and forth, and gear is selling.

Are these people just that trusting, or are they just idiots for attempting to buy gear from strangers? I don't see alot of "I've been screwed over by so-and-so" threads either.

What gives???:confused:

• Members

I think that the post count thing is due to the forums being on topic only. I read TGP every day (the effects forum) but only post once in a while. You don't get caught up in the OT banter over there unless you wander "out" of the effects forum which I have never done.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

I think that the post count thing is due to the forums being on topic only. I read TGP every day (the effects forum) but only post once in a while. You don't get caught up in the OT banter over there unless you wander "out" of the effects forum which I have never done.

Do people really know one another other over there?

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

Do people really know one another other over there?

Seems like they do. It is such a different vibe and crowd over there though. Discussions center around the Tim and Timmy, Landgraff, etc. I haven't wandered into the emporium too much though. It seems like a fair amount of folks from here post over there either with their same name or a different one.

• Members

I dunno - I have frequented this board for the better part of 3+ years and just found the gearpage and registered within the last month.....

go figure....

But I think it becoming "less underground" as some members from here migrate over there.....

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

I've been looking for a few things, and kept an eye out at the gearpage in their "emporium" section. I think it's a great idea BTW to have a section dedicated to spam.

It seems like a lot of good gear is flogged over there every day, and stuff is snapped up right away.

My problem is that many people there have very few posts, and for some their first post is spam...yet people are PM'ing back and forth, and gear is selling.

Are these people just that trusting, or are they just idiots for attempting to buy gear from strangers? I don't see alot of "I've been screwed over by so-and-so" threads either.

What gives???
:confused:

If you just post in the emporium your post count aint affected. Probably 75% of my posts there are in the emporiums and they don't count.....Since the place is full of non-humorous, kinda lame cork sniffer types (with some exceptions of course) I fully understand why some people have 0 posts. They may actually post exclusively in the emporiums and not on the other cork sniffin effects and amps forums.... I have almost 4000 posts here; I have about 70 there and I registered at about the same time for each. My count would be much higher if the emporium posts were factored in....That said I've done a ton of deals there and never had a problem. I love the emporiums over there. I've had success in listing in the "wanted to buy" forum as well. Cool trading page. So is the Weber board. So I say gear flogging Nirvana.

• Members

Posts in the Gear Page emporium pages do not count to your total post count.

I have done deals there, buying and selling. Most of them have been with folks I met here. ;)

But the deals with new faces have to meet the same tests as any deal - ask for references, if it feels funky - walk away.

They sure do have some good stuff for sale over there. Pricey though.

Archived