2005 Biennial Looper's Survey

UncleDig

• Members

Hey Loopers - Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

In November of 2003, I did a survey of the Looper's Delight list members to find out what devices they were using for live looping. It was very informal and pretty disorganized (I think I still have a headache...), but I tallied the results into a spreadsheet and posted a PDF version of those results in the Looper's Delight File Library (http://www.loopers-delight.com/files/).

It's now two years later, and I figured it might be time to try it again, and to include the HCFX'ers. This time I'm preparing an online survey form to capture the answers. The survey will be anonymous (unlike 2 years ago), but the form WILL use cookies to ensure that surveys are only submitted once. Well, once per computer - but what would really be the point in trying to screw with this survey? :)

I'll host the survey, and I give my personal assurances that the data written/read by the cookies will only be used to block multiple submissions. I will NOT provide this information to anyone else, and cannot see the contents of your cookie myself.

I've started to prepare the form with the following loopers listed (see bottom). I'll take any suggested additions into the list until Saturday. At that point, I'll post the survey and leave it open for about a month so that we get the maximum number of respondents.

You won't be able to "write in" a looper once I post the survey. I will continue to take offline (emailed) requests for off-list loopers after the survey starts, but I will have to add them to the results manually at the end of the survey. So please - take a look at this list and ask me to add anything YOU are using as a looper that is not represented. Part of the fun of this survey is to see what other unusual devices are being used.

Finally - last time we had some confusion about what to include in the inventory. Some folks were posting gear that they used for loop *mangling* or pre/post loop effecting. There was also some confusion about "samplers" vs. "live loopers". I propose that:

- we do NOT try to inventory effects devices used for per/post loop effects

- we do NOT try to inventory units used to playback prerecorded loops or samples.

By the way, you'll be able to select the number of each unit that you own/use, so we can find out things like average # of loopers per respondent, etc.

===========================

Here's the list - let me know what needs to be added:

Echoplex Digital Pro

Electrix Repeater

Line 6 DL-4

Lexicon Jamman

Digitech Jamman

Kaoss Pad I or II

Ableton Live

Boomerang (Orig or Plus)

Akai Headrush

Boss RC-20 (or RC-20XL)

Lexicon Vortex

Line 6 Echo Pro (Rack)

Zoom 2100

Lexicon PCM42 or PCM70 or other

Boss DD-3, 5 or 6

Boss DD-20

Boss GT-3, 5, 6 or 8

Digitech RDS 7.6 (or similar, incl PDS series)

Max MSP

Native Instruments Reaktor

Sonic Foundry Acid

ZVEX Lofi Loop Junky

Lexicon MPX G2

Digitech 2120 or 2112

Eventide Orville, Eclipse (or other)

Roland VG8 or VG88

Roland GP100 (or similar)

Audiomulch

Augustus Loop

Mobius

Electro Harmonix 16 Second Delay (new or reissue)

Radial

Ambiloop

Maneco Looper (any type)

Digitech GNX (any)

TC Electronic 2290 Delay

DJRND3 (or C-Loops or Peavey Grabber)

KYMA

TC Electronic D-Two Delay

Akai Samplers (any)

Roland Samplers (any)

Yamaha Samplers (any)

Maestro, Roland, Guyatone, etc Tape Echo machine

Uncledig.gif

• Members

Originally posted by aaronzarzutzki

wow none of my looping devices are on the list

digitech digidelay

boss dsd2

(soon to be) digitech pds 20/20

There's a slot for the PDS (Digitech RDS 7.6 (or similar, incl PDS series))

I'll add the Digidelay and DSD2. Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived