ZVEX in Da House - It's SHO Time!

• Members

This is my very first Zvex pedal. I hooked this bad boy up to two Marshall Bluesbreakers and ran both a Les Paul Standard and an American Deluxe Strat and Lord Have Mercy I gotta give props to Zvex - this pedal took me to very nice glassy full bodied harmonic wail at bedroom levels with ease. Set the amps at just where they start to breakup - and crank this bitch for a full out tonal assault. Pure sweet full bodied punch you in the face all out boost-o-rama. The SHO sings, she wails, she beats you about the upper body without flinching an eyelash.

Props to Boston Guitar Works for getting this pedal out to me super fast (ahead of other pedals I have ordered before I ordered the SHO.

I got it all you Zvex junkies - I got it good. Now please excuse me while I whip it out.... :eek:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Kid_A

Did you notice how dull the amps sounded once turned off?!?!?!

Thats the scariest part....

w3rd...

...scary

devi-

• Members

No doubt man. The super duper yellow channel is almost always on for me set to clean. The red is set to same volume a little more grit. I never liked it with my old JMP actually; I LOVE it and find it indispensible with my old Ampeg Gemini or any fender type amp...

I'm kind of disapointed in this thread actually. Rev usually goes all out; it's a total {censored} move imo going for the sho rather then the super duper.:rolleyes: The duper is two shos in one and has more knobs! WTF Rev???

Seriously it's a great pedal....

• Members

Originally posted by telepaul

No doubt man. The super duper yellow channel is almost always on for me set to clean. The red is set to same volume a little more grit. I never liked it with my old JMP actually; I LOVE it and find it indispensible with my old Ampeg Gemini or any fender type amp...

I'm kind of disapointed in this thread actually. Rev usually goes all out; it's a total {censored} move imo going for the sho rather then the super duper.
:rolleyes:
The duper is two shos in one and has more knobs! WTF Rev???

Seriously it's a great pedal....

:D

• Members

Originally posted by (((echo)))

congrats Rev!
:thu:

this is one of my next purchases...

zvexsuperduperbig.jpg

{censored}! :mad:

Must have now.. :mad:

{censored}ERS! :mad:

Actually the only reason I grabbed this one first is because I found a used on for $139 at BGW. If they would have had a used 2-in-1 I would have grabbed it instead. :mad:

I gotta go whip it out.... talk to you all later... :o

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

This is my very first Zvex pedal. I hooked this bad boy up to two Marshall Bluesbreakers and ran both a Les Paul Standard and an American Deluxe Strat and Lord Have Mercy I gotta give props to Zvex - this pedal took me to very nice glassy full bodied harmonic wail at bedroom levels with ease. Set the amps at just where they start to breakup - and crank this bitch for a full out tonal assault. Pure sweet full bodied punch you in the face all out boost-o-rama. The SHO sings, she wails, she beats you about the upper body without flinching an eyelash.

Props to Boston Guitar Works for getting this pedal out to me super fast (ahead of other pedals I have ordered before I ordered the SHO.

I got it all you Zvex junkies - I got it good. Now please excuse me while I
whip it out....
:eek:

If you want to try a bunch of others, PM me and I'll let you fool around with my collection. The addiction doesn't end, let me tell you! I'm heading through Des Moines tomorrow on my way back, let me know.

• Members

Originally posted by (((echo)))

congrats Rev!

this is one of my next purchases...

zvexsuperduperbig.jpg

I got mine at AnalogMan's in the Summer.

If you are getting a SHO I would hold out a little longer for a SD2n1. Control over both your Clean and Dirty, plus sparkle. F'n A+

It just really hit me this week how cool it is that I can hear any amps tube distorion, at any volume level. :eek:

• Members

whip it out....

All i have to say is "my wife plays a super hard-on! you are one-upped by a girl!

(but she really does! we have like 5 zvex's now; more to come!:D )

• Members

whip it out....

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Mr. Vex.

I am hooked on these bastard things.

LOVE HIS PEDALS!

:wave:

• Members

doodlydoodlydoo004.jpg

:wave: HI , Rev. I like that comment about the amps without the sho being dull and lifeless. people say that pedals can kill an amp (not me though). No, i resisted zvex for ages but in the end, i just realized his mad scientist demeanor meant he really was mad, and making some of the most cretive things out there. I have my boss, and vintage stuff, and for that time when i want a new sound...

• Members

+1

the zvex machine on single lines gives a similar effect...you get this amazing, riping tone, then click off the machine, and the fuzz/distortion sound sounds...well...a bit pants!

• Members

Originally posted by zhivago

+1

the zvex machine on single lines gives a similar effect...you get this amazing, riping tone, then click off the machine, and the fuzz/distortion sound sounds...well...a bit pants!

+1

My riffs sound so naff without the Machine on as well as the Fuzz Probe....

I reckon it's some kind of marketing ploy; he makes sure everything sounds even better if you have the lot!

Archived