NEED ADVICE on effects pedal!!

angelhair0

• Members

this is my pedal board... http://www.moonlightingent.com/pedalboard.jpg

ridiculous, i know. but i love it. however.... i am not looking to get rid of ALL my pedals. i will probably keep the metavox, the moog pedal, one or both of the line 6 delays.

but i am looking to get an all-in-one effects pedal. i need advice on what to get. honestly, it has to be something that can do CRAZY things. crazy ridiculous out-of-this-world aliens are landing on earth shoot me with a lazer gun things. the band i am in is extremely experimental and... well.. weird. we are writing for a new album and i'm in the market for something. i am willing to spend a decent amount because i will be selling a lot of my other pedals. please help me out! point me in the right direction!

• Members

well--that picture, those clips-=-

that is the space station-- 40 different awesome sounding synthy, spacey fx.

that link is to a dood who puts all of the digitech Eproms into one enclosure--for like $250-- which is about $100 less than the going rate for a Digitech xp300 space station.

that series consisted of 4 units.
xp100-the whammy wah
xp200-modulator
xp400-reverbs
xp300-space station

its a value to get them all in one unit.

• Members

thank you... i checked out the sound samples for the space station. sounds like something i could use!

any more suggestions or reccomendations would be awesome.

any reccomendations on getting rid of some pedals? should i take them to local music stores for cash? is ebay the best route?

• Members

Originally posted by angelhair0

any reccomendations on getting rid of some pedals? should i take them to local music stores for cash? is ebay the best route?

well, first, tell us what pedals you're selling, and it's likely that you'll get some good deals.

after you're done here, i would definitely take them into a retail store. private owned stores are going to try and haggle you done on the prices. however, this will really only work for pedals in good condition, with preferably box and manual. if your pedals are like that, you'll make a killing.

for the poor condition and/or cheap pedals, taking them into a little shop is just about your only chance. just not a pawn shop. chances are the owner won't know what it is, and will give you $5 for it.

or, you could always try Ebay.

Archived