Praise & Worship Players---> Post Your Rig

kmcypress

• Members

Hey guys, I've been playing Sunday's at my church now for about 6 months now. Its really fun stuff. Anway, I know that there are probably a lot of Christian/Woship players here on the boards and I just wanted to see the rig your using. Here's mine:

Epiphone Sheraton (SD Phat Cat's) --> Pedalboard --> Fender Blues Jr.

I hope to get some more toyz to ticker with (vibe/delay) but they are not really essential as of now because the other guitarist handles most of the effects. I'll get some more pics up when I get some time.

Post Yourz...WITH PICZ:thu:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SG > tu2 > ts9 > rat > shredmaster > phase 90 > vtx > ernie ball jr vol > dl4 > jamman > verbzilla *i run my vocals into the jamman, that's why i have reverb afterwards also have my ipod hooked in for any samples* > hot rod deville 212

macintosh g4 powerbook running ableton live essentially.

some guys taylor 710 for acoustic mornings/sessions

and a korg triton and same other guys alesis ion.

• Members

When I play, I bring the Bogner Metropolis and either my Pawar or my tele. The pedals, the last time I played, were the rotosphere, RX Overdriver, Peachfuzz, DD20 and WahRocker.

I've also used a Line 6 POD XT Live straight into the P.A. with in ear monitors, or running the POD in FX only into the front of my old Carr Hammerhead. That actually sounded really good.

• Members

Pretty boring here. Just a Taylor 814CE into a Boss AD-5, into the Mackie PA system, and back at me through the Macke 450 monitor. My life has gotten much simpler since I tell the sound person to keep everything on my channel flat and I control my EQ, 'verb and chorus with the AD-5. I refused to play electric guitar after the previous sound person told me my guitar sound was "thin and muddy" (?). I have been much happier controlling my own simple rig.

;) ;) :D;)

• Members

Originally posted by kmcypress

Hey guys, I've been playing Sunday's at my church now for about 6 months now. Its really fun stuff. Anway, I know that there are probably a lot of Christian/Woship players here on the boards and I just wanted to see the rig your using. Post some pics if ya got em! Here's mine:

Epiphone Sheraton (SD Phat Cat's) -->
--> Fender Blues Jr.

I hope to get some more toyz to ticker with (vibe/delay) but they are not really essential as of now because the other guitarist handles most of the effects.

Post Yourz:thu:

Happy with those Phat Cats on your Sheridan?

• Members

last time I played in church it was...

fender custom shop strat - ibanez af9 - ibanez ts10 - dunlop wah (modded) - ibanez ts9 - ernie ball volume pedal - fender super 210 - tc g major (in loop).

that was a few years ago now and the guitar and g maj are no longer in my possesion. however, if I was going to play a modern service, the rig would be similar to that.

• Members

I keep changing things, but last time I played at a service, it was mega-basic, just Squier Strat -> DS-1 -> Wasabi Delay-> Valve Jr. I have been using my H||H, and I think it's been a different distortion each time.

There tends to be a lot of "jamming" (sorry, uh.. being led by the spirit) at the evening services and a lot of dynamics, and this sort of rig really works for controlling everything from the guitar and having very little in the way of playing the music.

Still looking for the right distortion box for that gig- some of the upbeat songs need quite a heavy sound, but the slower stuff needs much less gain and more "soul".

• Members

Last time I played in church I played 'We Will Rock You" with a Les Paul Fulldrive 2 Kelly 100w head (selmer clone) and a Pacific Woodwork 2x12 cab. It was pretty cranked. No I'm not joking and no I havent been asked again.

• Members

i do the music for the Jr. High at my church, and it's just starting out (just two guitarists and a female singer). so right now, i'm just playing my Artcore AS73 through a Peavey Rage, but once we get some drums (we already have a drummer), my setup will hopefully become this:

AS73 > Snarling Dogs Wonder Wah > BOSS SD-1 > Marshall Guv'nor > EQ > Arion SFL-1 > EB Jr. Volume > Peavey Rage. at this point, i just need the volume pedal, and i'm good to go.

Archived