Something to make my laney heavier?

JoeYSatch

• Members

Originally posted by JoeYSatch

I've got a Laney GH100L.

I love the clean and rock tones and the lead tones are suberb but can anyone recommend a pedal that could help me get a really beefy heavy rythm sound?

Thanks

What kind of music do you play?

An ICBM will get you pretty heavy. The Top Fuel also.

• Members

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

At the moment my main guitar is a Epi goth explorer with stock pick ups which aren't very hot but I will be switching those for EMG's soon.

I have an SD-1 at the moment but it doesn't really help on making it more heavy so I just use it for a volume boost.

• Members

Originally posted by JoeYSatch

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

At the moment my main guitar is a Epi goth explorer with stock pick ups which aren't very hot but I will be switching those for EMG's soon.

I have an SD-1 at the moment but it doesn't really help on making it more heavy so I just use it for a volume boost.

i got a pretty heavy sound out of my Laney GH100L when i played a Hamer Special retrofitted with an EMG. and drove it with both a boss HyperFuzz and Hypermetal.

you can boost the Hypermetal with the boost setting on the Hyperfuzz.

both pedals aren't made anymore, but both are still fairly cheap.

back then, i didn't necessarily like the drive channel that the amp had, so i drove it strictly from the front.

and one more thing - if you want to get a bit of a hotter signal out of your pickups, try moving them closer to the strings (at least the bridge pickup).

not where the thing is sitting JUST UNDER the strings, but less than a centimeter below them. see how that helps, if at all.

Archived