Xotic RC Booster

david henman

• Members
Originally posted by CrackerD

Wow, I just brought home the AC ('bout 1/2 hour ago!). I almost went for the BB. I only tried it for a few minutes, but tonight it is on!
:thu:

Seems like nice smooooooth breakup so far......

...what you're REALLY going to love is how responsive this thing is. i'm amazed you don't need a license to operate it!

strumming, you can feel it swelling behind the chords. dig in and it feels like it might explode.

• Members

Yeah, can't wait to crank it up a bit! I think the AC has a bit more gain than the RC. I am running it through my little 1/2 watt head now. I'll try it with my Mesa, too. I'll be impressed if it works well with the Mesa, which is an amp that doesn't seem to like pedals all that much! I bought an RC awhile back, but my friend borrowed it and absolutely refuses to give it back!! I've never even heard the damn thing. He snagged it the day I got it! What a dick. He loves that thing to death.:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by CrackerD

Yeah, can't wait to crank it up a bit! I think the AC has a bit more gain than the RC. I am running it through my little 1/2 watt head now. I'll try it with my Mesa, too. I'll be impressed if it works well with the Mesa, which is an amp that doesn't seem to like pedals all that much! I bought an RC awhile back, but my friend borrowed it and absolutely refuses to give it back!! I've never even heard the damn thing. He snagged it the day I got it! What a dick. He loves that thing to death.
:mad:

...i believe the rc has more gain, while the ac is more of a clean boost, unless i've got the semantics of it backwards.

• Members

...according to the manufacturer:

ac booster: "The super wide range gain control can change the gain amount so wide that this pedal can work as a distortion pedal when it is turned all the way up."

rc booster: "Gain control has characteristic of a clean tube amp and, by fine turning it, you can create a bold and smooth sound which resembles the sound of amp with turned up volume."

jasevenny may be right.

• Members

Yes, I think he is. At any rate, they are all cool, depending on your needs. I watched a dvd in my buddies shop at lunch with that Alan Hinds guy that jasevenny speaks of. Man, that guy is sick. He uses both the RC and the AC. I think he runs the RC into the AC then to the rest of his board. He gets edge of breakup, and a bit more breakup with them. Into an old deluxe reverb it sounded very Knopfleresque. Totally awesome tone.:thu:

So henman, now you NEED to get an AC booster as well!!!! Damn PAS!!

• Members

Originally posted by david henman

...i took one home for the weekend. its not going back.

this little white box has some wicked mojo.

looks like i'll have to check out the ac booster.

That is good. Also give the BB preamp a try too and the AC booster. All three are superb.

• Members

Originally posted by Hemispheres

That is good. Also give the BB preamp a try too and the AC booster. All three are superb.

...the BB preamp is an Xotic product?

i agree, the ac and rc boosters are a team. i may wait until after the NAMM show to see if Xotic decides to combine them into one box.

Archived