Need a new volume pedal,

kurt1981

• Members

Hey, I'm using an ernie ball 6166 volume, and the rocker switch for taper adjustment just snapped off at the bass. I think it's time for a new pedal, and I'd like one that doesn't suck out so much high end when rolled back. Any ideas? I don't really have $200 to spend on the goodrich, but if it's the best one, I guess I'll have to. Thanks,

Kurt

• Members

Originally posted by kurt1981

Hey, I'm using an ernie ball 6166 volume, and the rocker switch for taper adjustment just snapped off at the bass. I think it's time for a new pedal, and I'd like one that doesn't suck out so much high end when rolled back. Any ideas? I don't really have $200 to spend on the goodrich, but if it's the best one, I guess I'll have to. Thanks,

Kurt

I thought the goodrich was $140?

• Members

I recently tried a George Dennis Wizard distortion, which doubles as a volume pedal. The distortion was surprisingly good, but I was more interested in the volume aspect since it has the optical foot controller. But it's no good, the optical foot controller doesn't give you as much control over the gradation of volume as my ErnieBall does. The old chrome Morley pedals give great control, but they suck too much tone. I've heard the Goodrich is the best, but for now I'm sticking to the ErnieBall.

Archived