Vox AC15CC news....

sstim8or

• Members

Northwest Guitars in Bellevue just sent out their newsletter, and it mentions that they'll have a new Voc AC15 in by midweek. I'm right around the corner from them at work, so I'll head over there at lunch tomorrow and give it a good look and listen. I'll report back here and let y'all know what the dealyo is.

Any Seattle/Eastside forumites want to meet up?

• Members

Sorry Kestral, but this newer AC15 kinda' smokes the 90's one.
:mad:

Let me qualify... I heard one demoed with both the Wharfdale and the Celestion Blue and they both seriously rocked, lotsa Voxy grind and clarity when cranked. Not that the 90's ones didn't do it, but these are just bolder and more gutsy IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by jove

Not really. About all that looks any different is the cheaper looking power and standby switches and the reverb/tremolo layout. The AC30CCs have features up the wazoo, but the AC15CC is.... meh.......

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

Not really. About all that looks any different is the cheaper looking power and standby switches and the reverb/tremolo layout. The AC30CCs have features up the wazoo, but the AC15CC is.... meh.......

Yeah...

"Rectifier: silicon rectifier with passive SAG circuit."

Bleurgh...

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by english_bob

Not really. About all that looks...

"Looks" being the keyword. Have you heard the AC15CC?

Maybe construction could be an issue ... Idon't know, didn't look inside, but the tone was more genuine Vox to my ears.

• Members
Originally posted by jove

Let me qualify... I heard one demoed with both the Wharfdale and the Celestion Blue and they both seriously rocked, lotsa Voxy grind and clarity when cranked. Not that the 90's ones didn't do it, but these are just bolder and more gutsy IMO.

Let's see, hand built British made with high quality close to original parts vs. Chinese made cheaper quality parts, gee, which one is better? :idea:

:rolleyes::bor:

• Members
Originally posted by sstim8or

Northwest Guitars
in Bellevue just sent out their newsletter, and it mentions that they'll have a new Voc AC15 in by midweek. I'm right around the corner from them at work, so I'll head over there at lunch tomorrow and give it a good look and listen. I'll report back here and let y'all know what the dealyo is.

Any Seattle/Eastside forumites want to meet up?

Blast! I live about 5 minutes from there or so, but I have work/school today, walking out the door for my pre-classes latte.

Bummer bro, let me know if I should buy one.... :)

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

Let's see, hand built British made with high quality close to original parts vs. Chinese made cheaper quality parts, gee, which one is better?
:idea:

+1

i'll say it again.. when they first came out i played a CC and a UK AC30 that were sitting next to each other for a while and the UK killed the CC

i've also heard a lot of bad things about reliability with the CC's

• Members
Originally posted by Kestral

Let's see, hand built British made with high quality close to original parts vs. Chinese made cheaper quality parts, gee, which one is better?
:idea:

are you ever right about anything?

The original AC30 was built with crappy parts and they blew up regularly...

At least you are working hard to break long standing stereotypes like asian people being smart.

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

are you ever right about anything?

The original AC30 was built with crappy parts and they blew up regularly...

At least you are working hard to break long standing stereotypes like asian people being smart.

You've never even owned one, how would you know?

You should seriously consider going back to your rants about Vin Diesel. That made you look like LESS of an idiot.

:idea::rolleyes:

• Members

Hmm...I don't think "British made" is any better than "Chinese Made." In fact, I think it may be a lot worse. I like the looks of the (Made in England) Orange Rocker 30 but if I read one more review about it arriving with 6v6's installed instead of el34's, I will mail the queen a photocopy of my bare ass.

Made in England, what a joke.
:wave:

• Members

I have a 90's ac15 and it's frankly one my favorite amps. I'll never part with that thing. I had high hopes for the ac30cc and was less than impressed. Tons of features, but it just didn't seem to open up like an ac30tbx, my now-gone ac30hw or my hayseed 30. It just seemed small and lacked the dynamics of other vox amps. I assume the ac15 will be a very similar circuit design. So while I hope I'm proven wrong, I'm not holding my breath.

• Members

I'm glad y'all like the 90's one, hell it's a good amp too.

It sounds fine, but not much like a 60's AC15 ... if anything, it sounds like a smaller version of the AC30TBX, which is exactly what it is.

Having heard in person or played on an AC10, Berkely, AC15, AC50 (all 60's), then the TBX, HW, and the CC, I can say that this new AC15 was very impressive.
In fact, I liked it better than the AC30CC.
I think it'd only improve with being played often.
If I get a steady live gig, I'm gonna get one and leave the 'precious' in th estudio.

but hell, these are only opinions and only mine at that

• Members

I won't claim the newer AC CC's are better than the 90's version, but they aren't any worse either! They definitely have that characteristic Vox tone. Its got a wonderfully complex high end and lotsa punch.

Here's a quick clip I made with mine - just some basic riffing, but hopefully it demonstrates some of that great Voxy character.

televox.wav

Archived