what's a suggested order for od/distortions/fuzz pedals/boost pedals?

gr8fuldodd

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

If you had a smattering of boost, od, distortion, and fuzzezez...

if you wanted to use some of them in combination, what is the best method for achieving this?

You should really already know the answer to this question, Mr. Know-It-All.

I usually do something like

boost > od > fuzz > dist

but sometimes boost can go last and make it sound good the same way you can put dist before fuzz, and things are infinitely more complicated if od is not just limited to pedals but to amp od as well. Basically, experiment because most of the combinations will sound good so it just goes down to personal preference.

• Members
Originally posted by mrblackbat

Hmm, it's funny how people do things so differently, I've always hated the sound when I've tried that kind of setup!

:thu:

If I had different pedals and a different amp itd probably be a different setup. I also have a personal way of playing guitar (as do we all) so this tone works well with my style

• Members

Originally posted by zadiqof

If I had different pedals and a different amp itd probably be a different setup. I also have a personal way of playing guitar (as do we all) so this tone works well with my style

Yeah that's kinda what I was saying, it's cool that so many people can take the same basic tools and use them completely differently.

When I used to use a Big Muff, that always sat after all my other dirt pedals, for example, and (to my ear) didn't sound anywhere near as good on it's own than with a dirt pedal before it.

Archived