my girl got mugged last night

dealer

• Members

The whole racism thing...find someone who isn't. Who never, ever looks at anyone, from any race, that they don't know, in prejudicial manner, especially in a treatening area/situation. I could give a {censored} what race, pick one, because they all do it. White, black, asian, latin, whatever.

If you're a white guy and go walking into a poor, black, crime-infested neighborhood acting like 'it's ok, it's 2005, we're over this racial {censored}!' you almost deserve what happens next.

Go down south, substitute a black in the 'wrong' section of town, assuming 'hey, it's 2005, we're over this racial {censored}!' and it's the same deal.

It isn't ideal, but it's real.

Everyone does it. Japanese call white men Gaijin. There's a chinese word that my ex girlfriend told me about that translates as 'white ghost', meaning that white men doin't have souls (sound familiar?).

Sorry. Get real. As Carlos Mencia says, why be Smeagol? (If anyone knows what I'm even talking about, I'll bet you're laughing your ass off thinking about that joke, don't {censored}ing lie!).

It's easy to use stereotypes when you don't know someone - there are many more stereotypes than those along racial lines. Why do they get used, or even exist in the first place? Because there's a reason that they exist! Right now, a black (and a white!) guy is smocking crack, a young latina is getting pregnant, some college kid is hitting a bong and some Irish guy is puking up the Guiness he's been hurling down his gullet with wild abandon. Does it mean that everyone in those groups is like that? No.

It's the individual relationships that should count, when you know someone, to view them as a human being and not a (insert race here).

Besides, I'm in accord with Papa on this one. Humans suck!

"I'm tired of this arch-humanity meet backslapping bull{censored}. We're a virus with shoes, that's all we are."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by mabus013

The whole racism thing...find someone who isn't. Who never, ever looks at anyone, from any race, that they don't know, in prejudicial manner, especially in a treatening area/situation. I could give a {censored} what race, pick one, because they all do it. White, black, asian, latin, whatever.

If you're a white guy and go walking into a poor, black, crime-infested neighborhood acting like 'it's ok, it's 2005, we're over this racial {censored}!' you almost deserve what happens next.

Go down south, substitute a black in the 'wrong' section of town, assuming 'hey, it's 2005, we're over this racial {censored}!' and it's the same deal.

It isn't ideal, but it's real.

Everyone does it. Japanese call white men Gaijin. There's a chinese word that my ex girlfriend told me about that translates as 'white ghost', meaning that white men doin't have souls (sound familiar?).

Sorry. Get real. As Carlos Mencia says, why be Smeagol? (If anyone knows what I'm even talking about, I'll bet you're laughing your ass off thinking about that joke, don't {censored}ing lie!).

It's easy to use stereotypes when you don't know someone - there are many more stereotypes than those along racial lines. Why do they get used, or even exist in the first place? Because there's a reason that they exist! Right now, a black (and a white!) guy is smocking crack, a young latina is getting pregnant, some college kid is hitting a bong and some Irish guy is puking up the Guiness he's been hurling down his gullet with wild abandon. Does it mean that everyone in those groups is like that? No.

It's the individual relationships that should count, when you know someone, to view them as a human being and not a (insert race here).

Besides, I'm in accord with Papa on this one. Humans suck!

"I'm tired of this arch-humanity meet backslapping bull{censored}. We're a virus with shoes, that's all we are."

I agree to an extent. I mean, despite what people say, stereotypes do exist for a reason, son.

• Members

sterotyping is survival of teh brain... if you really had to judge everything in nuetral terms your head would explode after a week... out minds organize or expereinces and we prejudge everything by that organization...

...being an intolerant idiot isn't covered by this... but the process that is behind all that bull{censored} is still there... just warped...

• Members

Originally posted by dealer

on her birthday. by a girl and a guy who happened to be black. {censored} political correctness.

I am one of the most un-racial people you will ever find. it is a primitive form of collectivism, judging people on color, etc.

but it's pretty hard for me to NOT feel a little biased right now. am I supposed to ignore the stats? go ahead. call me racist.

a.

That sucks. But it NYC, it could have easily been a couple of white people that did this. All races are so f&%cked up these days... My only question is, when you say "Girl" do you mean:

1/ your Grilfriend? in which case you need to find those punks and teach them a lesson they'll never forget.

2/your daughter? in which case you need to hunt them down, bring them to an abandonned warehouse, and torture them for several months, until you feel they can't take it anymore... afterwards, nature will take care of the rest.

• Members

I prefer Holy Wars over Race Wars by a factor of 1.23 to 1.

I hope one day Pakistan nukes India over a botched curry dish.

I reckon my poetry could take down the greek island of lesbos.

(These are just some random thoughts.)

Oh yeah, I think an Orange Rocker 30 head would be a cool amp to own.

Why do I flip flop in my preference between Gibson and Fender?

I would like to be sucked off to death by Elisha Cuthbert.

(Random thoughts never end.)

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

sterotyping is survival of teh brain... if you really had to judge everything in nuetral terms your head would explode after a week... out minds organize or expereinces and we prejudge everything by that organization...

you make a great point here. while you can't go overboard stereotyping... it is at your own peril to ignore the ideas behind it. that is to say: if I'm walking down a dark street at night I'm less likely to be worried about a buinessman in a suit behind me (regardless of color) versus a guy all decked out in a do-rag and that hilarious fake bling I see everywhere (regardless of color).

tough honkey

• Members

you make a great point here. while you can't go overboard stereotyping... it is at your own peril to ignore the ideas behind it. that is to say: if I'm walking down a dark street at night I'm less likely to be worried about a buinessman in a suit behind me (regardless of color) versus a guy all decked out in a do-rag and that hilarious fake bling I see everywhere (regardless of color).

tough honkey

waddup homes?
:wave:

• Members

One of my brother's friends was mugged in NY back when crime in NY was the standard passtime. Anyway, this friend happened to be 6'4" (my height) and a black belt in Juijitsu (sp?)...broke the mugger's arm and walked off.

Are muggers in NY stupid or what?

• Members

tough honkey

Being blk in nyc , im more afraid of NYPD . the feeling of being arrested , for something you didn't do cause you fit the description is worse than death. Facing 1-2 yrs , at one point i was scared of holicopters flying around my neighborhood.

Don't sweat it , the fake thugs who rob and steal don't get far in life , but its not their fault , society has put blk's in the pit to begin with .They killed our leaders , malcolm x , mlk , blk panthers, and put 50 cent in the spotlight . Just the way life is , its unfair .

• Members
Originally posted by TrashFace

I dont know what to say. But, all people are evil. Doesnt matter what color they are.

and Im half asian and I {censored}ing hate math. so I cant stand people thinking I do homework all {censored}ing day.

Too bad about that small dick thing, huh?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Lensrock

About a year and a half later, my cousin is doing some work for a contractor friend. And the job was to help move these people's furniture out of their apartment, they were being evicted. The father of the family being evicted recognized my cousin and kept asking my cousin where they knew each other from, and my cousin didn't recognize the guy. Few minutes later though he remebered that it was one of the guys who mugged us. So he went and confronted him about and the guy ended up crying and apologizing and offering him money.

wow

sorry to hear about your girlfriend, dealer. same goes for everyone else who's gone through the same kinda thing

• Members
Originally posted by StratAtak83

Being blk in nyc , im more afraid of NYPD . .

I think that's the point they're trying to stress too in GTA:San Andreas; how quicker the police are to arrest a black guy for next to nothing.

(sure it's a game, but it has quite some realistic {censored} in it).

In GTA 3 and Vice City (where you're a white dude) you can get away with killing 3 or 4 people, destroying 3 cars, before the cops get on to you, and then ONLY to stop and arrest you.

In San Andreas (where you play a BLACK guy), you get SHOT by the cops for spraying graffitti! :eek::mad:
The game is near perfect, but that trigger-happy force is SUCH a put downer, it makes me feel bad for all the black folks that get arrested for nothing.

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

I think that's the point they're trying to stress too in GTA:San Andreas; how quicker the police are to arrest a black guy for next to nothing.

(sure it's a game, but it has quite some realistic {censored} in it).

In GTA 3 and Vice City (where you're a white dude) you can get away with killing 3 or 4 people, destroying 3 cars, before the cops get on to you, and then ONLY to stop and arrest you.

In San Andreas (where you play a BLACK guy), you get SHOT by the cops for spraying graffitti!
:eek::mad:
The game is near perfect, but that trigger-happy force is SUCH a put downer, it makes me feel bad for all the black folks that get arrested for nothing.

About time somebody made a computer game comparison/analogy :confused: Anyway I thought that the biggest appeal in that game is that it's NOT entirely realistic.

• Members

Yeah. If you're poor, the police aren't on your side no matter what color you are. But being a white guy, I can bull{censored} my way past cops as long as I keep a low profile - wear half-decent clothes most of the time, keep a low profile car (no 'keep honking, I'm reloading' or pro life bumperstickers - no stickers period, actually), etc.

Having grown up (and still am) dirt {censored}ing poor (I've been as poor as anyone out there - broke and homeless on the street), I can say that while such 'ghetto' experiences such as crime, drugs, violence, hopeless situations, having the law against you, and not having anyone give a god damn about you (if you're white and poor, no one's there to even suggest that the deck is stacked against them - it's more like 'what, you're white! how are you poor?'), etc, aren't experiences unique to black/latino communities. But the one thing that is {censored}ed up and really pointed at the latino and black people of this country is that the cops will {censored} with you harder, be more prone to overreacting, be more prone to violence, and the judge and jury aren't going to be sympathetic to you (ie you'll do more time for the same crime) if you're black or latino in this country. When I lived in LA, I never worried about the cops when I was in LA county - unless you were doing some {censored}ED up {censored}, LAPD will not pay any attention to you if you're white. Unless you're in a black neighborhood, because (whether you are or not) then you're obviously buying drugs. The {censored}ed up thing is that I've had multiple cops just up and tell me "we pulled you over because you're a white guy and in this neighborhood, more likely than not that means you're here to buy drugs." Which wasn't true...those times :D.

Hooray for being white? :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

You can get a permit I believe. I am not fully up on the gun laws.

all_united_states_phpSWVS3u_all_usa_map.

Guns and guitars. Be good at everything :) Cook, {censored}, exercise, meditate, love everyone, but not everyone will love you. Blah blah blah.

Get a long gun too, pistols are just there to keep you alive until you can get something that starts with a 2 or a 3. Maybe a 5! What gun should you get? One that works. Ching ching pow is the most effective martial art right? ha ha. Hmm..

Pistols are also useless for that annoying 'repressive government' scenario. They're probably watching me now.

This website makes me laugh, but some of it is true..

http://www.a-human-right.com/

s_sten.JPG

Peace! Love! Just in case! Maybe all this is behind us..

• Members

I have two black staff members, a man and a woman, whom I regularly send to Georgia and Alabama on business. Some of the travel takes them to rural areas.

They have to be careful where they drive--during the day--and they both limit what they do and where they go at night.

That sucks. :(:mad:

Archived