Jump to content

Cream reunion concert just started on PBS.


TheAtomicJeff

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Do I detect a little Fuzz in Clapton's tone?
:thu:

*spoonful*


** Why oh why hasn't Clapton been playing like this for last 30 years **
:(



no, i think it was just the mid boost on his strat.

as for the second question, i share teh sentiment. i'm not a fan of clapton the solo artist. but as a sideman, collaborating with musicians, he's almost untouchable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by Help!I'maRock!

no, i think it was just the mid boost on his strat.



That's a cool tone - I could have sworn it was fuzz. :eek: I dig the tone. He has a pedal on the floor but I can't tell what it is. :confused: He sure sounds like his old self (60's era). I'd go see them if they'd tour the U.S.

*all those wasted years* :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff


I'd go see them if they'd tour the U.S.


*all those wasted years*
:p



they played in NYC, but i didn't go see them because to be honest, this is better. there's such a detachment when seeing an act play at Madison Square Garden and other large venues, so I just don't go. but i'm probably going to get this DVD, because it's great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm a senior in high school, I can sleep my morning classes =)

I'll just order some pizza and kick back and watch.

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff



If you don't have to work tomorrow (smile) it's worth staying up for.


I've gotta get this DVD. Supreme Cream - it's a though they haven't missed a beat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by jkleeks

I'm a senior in high school, I can sleep my morning classes =)


I'll just order some pizza and kick back and watch.


 

Good for you! Stay awake kid (j/k), you may learn something. I'm very impressed with this performance. When I first heard of the reunion I'd have never guessed they would have been this tight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff


Good for you! Stay awake kid (j/k), you may learn something. I'm very impressed with this performance. When I first heard of the reunion I'd have never guessed they would have been this tight.




I'm no kid, I turned a big 18 a month ago =p

I've got the farewell dvd.

Clapton is why I started guitar. I need to practice until midnight, speaking of clapton :idea:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...