Jump to content

Loooper rant


playdabluze

Recommended Posts

  • Members

On October 27th, I sent a $46 USPS money order to Dave Boggs of www.loooper.com for a single looper box in yellow (standard color). On October 31st, he emails me telling me that he got the m.o., and that he would be emailing me in about 3 weeks to confirm shipping. I thought 3 weeks was a bit long, but whatever. Three weeks goes by, and I don't hear anything from Dave, so on 10/21 I email him asking if my Looper would be mailed that day. He says "No, not yet. I assure you that I will e-mail you when it ships.....Thanks for checking". OK, so the rest of November comes and goes without a word from him as of today. It say on his website (under the "ordering" section) that most standard order ship within 3-5 business days. It's well past that.

 

Thing of it is...I've heard many good things about his Looopers without one complaint about his products or his C/S.

 

Anybody here deal with this guy? Does he get so backed up with orders that he can't fill them fast enough or what? I'd don't mean to rag, but I'd like at least a clue as to WTF is going on, and Dave hasn't given me a satisfactory answer. :mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yeah, I tried ordering one about 5 months ago. He said it'd be done and shipped in three weeks. Three weeks went by, I emailed him, he hadnt even started it. So three more weeks went by, I emailed him, he still hadn't started it, so I just asked for my money back because my whole premise to getting it was to use it while recording with my band, which had taken place after the fourth week of me purchasing it. He took a small chunk of change out though because we had gone over alot to design it... .. .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Great news.....NOT...!!

I got a Paatcher on order and I am worried I wont see it until 2007 or something.....

No one gets that backed up - not on something that isnt that difficult to manufacture & test (Failure rate has to be near zero)....Loop Master delivered much quicker than promised......Good stuff too.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Guys, here is the deal-

I'm very sorry for the delay- My Father (76 yrs) was in an auto accident early this fall, and had a stroke as a result. I'm the only family nearby, so I'm taking care of him- physical therapy, paying bills, doctor appointments, food, and other things.

Add to that, my car was stolen a week later, right out of my garage. It was 2 weeks later week torched.
I got a replacement car about 5 weeks later, and was out with my Father, and we came out of the plaza, and my replacement car was gone- it was stolen. I just finally got a car on Saturday.

I'm very sorry for your wait. I know these things are not your problem, and I can definitely understand your frustration. I think you've been very patient, and I really appreciate it. I know what it's like to wait for new gear.

I promise that I'm busting my rear to get orders out, I AM working 17+ hours a day to get caught up, except heavy days with my Dad.

I am hoping that by the first of the year to be back to a 3 day lead time.

Also, the order confirmation e-mail states that the lead time is 2-4 weeks, and on most orders I've been able to stay in that range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I got a Loooper from Dave a couple months ago. There was a delay in getting it. don't recall exactly how long it took. At the time Dave told me his Father was pretty ill and he was taking care of him. He was open about the cause of the delay and responded to my e-mail quickly. If this is still the case it would seem appropriate that he should notify his customers. That's me, master of the obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by dgboggs

Guys, here is the deal-


I'm very sorry for the delay- My Father (76 yrs) was in an auto accident early this fall, and had a stroke as a result. I'm the only family nearby, so I'm taking care of him- physical therapy, paying bills, doctor appointments, food, and other things.


Add to that, my car was stolen a week later, right out of my garage. It was 2 weeks later week torched.

I got a replacement car about 5 weeks later, and was out with my Father, and we came out of the plaza, and my replacement car was gone- it was stolen. I just finally got a car on Saturday.


I'm very sorry for your wait. I know these things are not your problem, and I can definitely understand your frustration. I think you've been very patient, and I really appreciate it. I know what it's like to wait for new gear.


I promise that I'm busting my rear to get orders out, I
AM
working 17+ hours a day to get caught up, except heavy days with my Dad.


I am hoping that by the first of the year to be back to a 3 day lead time.

 

 

OK, that's fine. Sorry to hear about your Dad and your cars.

I'll just keep waiting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Knowdice

I got a Loooper from Dave a couple months ago. There was a delay in getting it. don't recall exactly how long it took. At the time Dave told me his Father was pretty ill and he was taking care of him. He was open about the cause of the delay and responded to my e-mail quickly. If this is still the case it would seem appropriate that he should notify his customers. That's me, master of the obvious.

 

Thanks!

Well, it's a hard call. I don't want to come across as making excuses, and I don't think most people want to hear about personal problems, they just want to know when their unit(s) will arrive. Honestly, I'm thinking that if I can just get caught up, then there will be no reason to 'justify' the delay, and then my personal life will not interfere with my business.

 

I've told people in the past the situation, and always feel guilty when :they: apologize- they shouldn't have to feel that they should apologize- the customer is the one waiting, you know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by dgboggs

Guys, here is the deal-


I'm very sorry for the delay- My Father (76 yrs) was in an auto accident early this fall, and had a stroke as a result. I'm the only family nearby, so I'm taking care of him- physical therapy, paying bills, doctor appointments, food, and other things.


Add to that, my car was stolen a week later, right out of my garage. It was 2 weeks later week torched.

I got a replacement car about 5 weeks later, and was out with my Father, and we came out of the plaza, and my replacement car was gone- it was stolen. I just finally got a car on Saturday.


I'm very sorry for your wait. I know these things are not your problem, and I can definitely understand your frustration. I think you've been very patient, and I really appreciate it. I know what it's like to wait for new gear.


I promise that I'm busting my rear to get orders out, I
AM
working 17+ hours a day to get caught up, except heavy days with my Dad.


I am hoping that by the first of the year to be back to a 3 day lead time.


Also, the order confirmation e-mail states that the lead time is 2-4 weeks, and on most orders I've been able to stay in that range.

 

 

I figured it had to be a "problem" scenario not an order thing.....

 

You know, I agree with you - mentioning these things seems like whining when you do it and I respect you never mentioning it.....But most people really are understanding - no details necessary - just a FYI.....

 

Good Luck with everything and kudos for taking the time to take care of the family......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I knew that there would be a bit of delay ordering from Dave when I ordered from him. If I wanted it really quick I would of payed 2 X the price and bought a Keeley looper. I have received it and I am very happy with it.

Life goes on around work and I appreciate the fact that Dave has his life priorities straight enough to value time with his ailing father. We should all be so lucky as to have sons who care about us when we are old and in need of help.:thu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by playdabluze



OK, that's fine. Sorry to hear about your Dad and your cars.

I'll just keep waiting.

 

You should know, I didn't get the MO until the last day of the month, and the order doesn't go into the system until receipt.

 

If this is J.E., your unit is like, literally coming up next. It gets drilled tomorrow, and goes to powder coating on Monday, and then should be sent Tuesday or Wednesday. It will ship Priority, so it should be there by Friday or Saturday, although I sometimes find that with the holidays the mail gets delayed a little from time to time.

 

I do promise you, I'll e-mail you a confirmation upon shipping. I always do this.

 

I do understand where you are coming from- I have my share of gas, and buy a little more than I should. I HATE waiting. I really try my best to treat customers as I expect to be treated. For example, if your unit breaks 3 years from now, I fix it, for free. That's the way I'd like to be treated. This is not a cliche, I just know of too many times that I got ripped off, and I never want a customer to feel that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by dgboggs


You should know, I didn't get the MO until the last day of the month, and the order doesn't go into the system until receipt.


If this is J.E., your unit is like,
literally
coming up next. It gets drilled tomorrow, and goes to powder coating on Monday, and then should be sent Tuesday or Wednesday. It will ship Priority, so it should be there by Friday or Saturday, although I sometimes find that with the holidays the mail gets delayed a little from time to time.


I do promise you, I'll e-mail you a confirmation upon shipping. I always do this.


I do understand where you are coming from- I have my share of gas, and buy a little more than I should. I
HATE
waiting. I really try my best to treat customers as I expect to be treated. For example, if your unit breaks 3 years from now, I fix it, for free. That's the way I'd like to be treated. This is not a cliche, I just know of too many times that I got ripped off, and I never want a customer to feel that way.



Yep, I'm J.E.

Really, Dave...if I had known what all was happening in your personal life, and how it was affecting your Loooper buisiness, I never would've even started this thread, or even emailed you with repeated questions about when my order would be ready.
I know bad stuff happens in life, and some other things have to take a back seat for awhile.

Anyway...I hope things are better with your Dad and your car situation. Thanks for letting me know the status of my Loooper. :thu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I too had a very long wait from Dave for my Looopers, and was told the same reasons. This was several months ago, and he also told me he had hired a new guy and was training him. I ordered two standard 5-Looopers black w/red leds. They finally showed up but with yellow leds. No way I was sending them back and waiting weeks more for the right ones, but he was very cool about it and knocked a few $ off my bill for the mixup.
His products are top-notch, but the lag time for shipping is really something he should make very clear on his website. Two to four weeks is more like 2-3 months, so if you know that going in, then it's no problem.
FWIW, my life is a whole lot easier thanks to his Looopers!
PEDALBOARD112805.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I too had a very long wait from Dave for my Looopers, and was told the same reasons. This was several months ago, and he also told me he had hired a new guy and was training him. I ordered two standard 5-Looopers black w/red leds. They finally showed up but with yellow leds. No way I was sending them back and waiting weeks more for the right ones, but he was very cool about it and knocked a few $ off my bill for the mixup.

His products are top-notch, but the lag time for shipping is really something he should make very clear on his website. Two to four weeks is more like 2-3 months, so if you know that going in, then it's no problem.

FWIW, my life is a whole lot easier thanks to his Looopers!

PEDALBOARD112805.jpg



That'd be a helluva tap dance if you didn't have those Looopers! :eek:
BTW, I see a TU-2 tuner, but no indication of a tuner mute jack on either Loooper. I take it you didn't order that option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by playdabluze



That'd be a helluva tap dance if you didn't have those Looopers!
:eek:
BTW, I see a TU-2 tuner, but no indication of a tuner mute jack on either Loooper. I take it you didn't order that option?



Nope, figured I'd just use one of the loops for the tuner and save a few bucks. They've made my stompin' a whole lot easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by playdabluze



Yep, I'm J.E.


Really, Dave...if I had known what all was happening in your personal life, and how it was affecting your Loooper buisiness, I never would've even started this thread, or even emailed you with repeated questions about when my order would be ready.

I know bad stuff happens in life, and some other things have to take a back seat for awhile.


Anyway...I hope things are better with your Dad and your car situation. Thanks for letting me know the status of my Loooper.
:thu:


No no, I'm very glad. This way I can kinda have a public announcement that I didnt' initiate. It's nice to be able to come on here and vent, too. It's a hard line to tow- I used to post on this forum a LOT, but now I feel kinda like it's tacky to come on here a lot, being a builder.

The other hard thing, that was actually harder on me, was the theft of my vehicles. I NEVER had a car stolen, and then to have two stolen in two months!!! That was actually more time-consuming and stressful than my Father's health problems.:mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by FLYING V 83

I too had a very long wait from Dave for my Looopers, and was told the same reasons. This was several months ago, and he also told me he had hired a new guy and was training him. I ordered two standard 5-Looopers black w/red leds. They finally showed up but with yellow leds. No way I was sending them back and waiting weeks more for the right ones, but he was very cool about it and knocked a few $ off my bill for the mixup.

His products are top-notch, but the lag time for shipping is really something he should make very clear on his website. Two to four weeks is more like 2-3 months, so if you know that going in, then it's no problem.

FWIW, my life is a whole lot easier thanks to his Looopers!

PEDALBOARD112805.jpg


Man, love the board. I mean, please. That is a dream board. The piece I find intruiging (sp?) is the Guyatone MD-3, that is my all-time favorite delay, and the one that I will NOT sell.

Oh, and I had to fire that employee. I pretty much allowed him to make up his own schedule, and he STILL showed up 1-2 hours late!! I had to re-work nearly EVERYTHING he did, and he actually had the nerve to demand full partnership!!:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Jesus, so you had to wait a couple weeks extra for a pedal made by a one guy operation. How will you survive? I can see starting a slandering thread if it was a couple months or something, but dude you ordered it on Oct 27. This is the way it works for small manufacturers. Get over it.

Playdabluze, you are a true {censored}nut.
:wave:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by papa taco

OK, that was harsh. I guess I'm really in a bad mood today. Check out what I said to this guy on the amp forum:


http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14162939#post14162939


Did somebody crap in my cheerios this morning or what?

:wave:




It was me... I REALLY had to go. Sorry.



Oh, and Dave, If I lived nearby I would come be your employee in no time... and I am puctual!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...