Switchless wahs?

veil

• Members

I have a 535Q. Sometimes in the heat of playing I miscalculate the pressure my foot is putting on it and will not be able to switch it on time, or switch it off prematurely. The switch is kind of tricky to me. I'm wondering if a switchless wah would be good instead. What are their disadvantages? What are the available ones right? Hopefully something I could do an even trade with.

• Members

I had an opposite experience.

My crybaby was really HARD to switch. Maybe I'm weak (admittedly, I am) but I'd have to practically stomp on the thing to get the switch to click.

I eventually ended up gluing some velcro padding on the top of the switch so that it was easier to click when the pedal made contact.

Has worked fine ever since.

• Members

Originally posted by cqc6

Hey,

Heres a pic-

Can be used as a filter effect too- There an on off switch to the right of the floorboard. It also has tons of settings. Great wah!!!

+1

This thing is actually pressure sensitive, not spring loaded like the morleys. Just after I got mine, they came out with the MkII, that is supposed to be more sensitive, because on the old one you had to be careful to keep enough pressure on the wah to keep it activated. Takes a little getting used to, but it works well.

222795.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by veil

I was hoping to get something comparable to the pricerange of my Dunlop, so maybe i could do a trade.

I'd probably recommend the Dunlop Crybaby 95Q. It's switchless but does not have the same silver knob as the 535Q.

It is spring loaded so that it always returns to the heel down position. To turn it on you need to move the pedal from the heel down position. There is a slight delay when you return the pedal to the heel down position to turn the pedal off. This is so that it does not turn off during wah use which requires the bassy position.

Archived