OT: who should play Face in the A-Team movie?

Speeddemon

• Members

I believe the rumours are that George Clooney will play Hannibal.

That's a good one; Clooney got that 'cigar-in-his-mouth-big-wide-smile' down to a T.

Some big black guy for B.A. ofcourse; I think Ving Rhames may be better suited than Michael Clarke Duncan.

Jim Carrey should DEFINITELY play Murdock; he's as crazy AND looks-wise it's a superb match.

But Face... which modern day actor got that "not totally handsome, but still amazingly charming" thing going on... a bit George Hamilton-ish almost...

I heard people name Brad Pitt, but Face needs to be a bit weak, and Pitt is both too handsome (AND uncharismatic) and too buffed.

Any ideas? Edward Norton perhaps? He's sure charming (like in "Keeping the Faith"), but not George Hamilton-ish enough... Face needs to have that "I freeload my ass off in Monte Carlo, from old rich ladies, that I don't {censored}, but charm my ass off to" air.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Connick I can understand a bit (although he looks too much of a stereotype 80's highschool jock to me, baseball jacket and Trans Am included), but Kutcher, HELL NO!
(too ugly and usually too dimwitted... Face is a very calculated character, something that Kutcher NEVER has shown!)

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

Waaaaaay too old. Awesome actor, but not for this.

Hmmm.... interesting.

That's what would make it more interesting. Gary can change his appearance so much from movie to movie, that he may just pull this off :)

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

Hmmm, I dunno...Ben Stiller's got that slight intensity about him that doesn't really lend itself to the laidback nature of Murdock. (wow, how's that for geeky analysis!?)

and the fact he's annoying as hell!

I liked him only in 1 role, and that was in Dodgeball.

BEsides, him teamed up with Owen Wilson... Starsky and Hutch anyone?

Andi, I understand why Jim Carrey wouldn't work; he's too much of a 1 man show, whereas Murdock knew when to back off...

I read some interesting suggestions for Face on IMDB though; especially Paul Walker (Fast and Furious).

Archived