please list pedals to do the zoom ultra fuzz osc controlled by guitar pot trick...

hangwire

• Members
Originally posted by Unwind in the Diamond Sea

nah, zoom pedals are da shiznit.

doesn't the fuzz factory do this? I think it sounds too trebly, but maybe I played a bad one.

I am not sure... but the fuzz factory would be too much money... I am looking to buy cheap or either build a pedal that does this and I am looking for suggestions...

• Members

Build, eh?

I can say from experience that the 4ms Fuzz Jade is relatively cheap to build and way way fuzzy. And you might consider, if you build a pedal, running one of the controls from an expression pedal.

4ms Fuzz Jade

This is one of those DIY's that has a printed layout. In my case I just glued it to a piece of perfboard. If you have the experience/resources to etch your own PCB, assembly would be a breeze.

As for the way I did it, using the extra lengths on resistor legs and whatnot as traces is kind of a PITA, but not too bad.

Like I said, its way fuzzy, but I don't know what sort of fuzz you're looking for.

• Members

Originally posted by T113

Build, eh?

I can say from experience that the 4ms Fuzz Jade is relatively cheap to build and way way fuzzy. And you might consider, if you build a pedal, running one of the controls from an expression pedal.

4ms Fuzz Jade

This is one of those DIY's that has a printed layout. In my case I just glued it to a piece of perfboard. If you have the experience/resources to etch your own PCB, assembly would be a breeze.

As for the way I did it, using the extra lengths on resistor legs and whatnot as traces is kind of a PITA, but not too bad.

Like I said, its way fuzzy, but I don't know what sort of fuzz you're looking for.

:D not fuzz... but the oscillation effect on the ultra fuzz... when you set the Reso control high, you can control this weird "flute" like drone with your guitar volume pot... I am looking for that.

Archived