FINALLY - I Found a Les Paul Gem!!

• Members

Thanks to endless searches on GBase and other sites for months now -I have finally located and purchased a Les Paul Gem in Sapphire Blue which is THE color I wanted. I got it for $899 + $25 Shipping & Insurance and I feel like Wayne in Waynes World - Oh yes - it will be mine! Here's some pictures of this lovely creature fromtheir website. This completes my guitar collection and I am thrilled!

• Members
Originally posted by KarateSchnitzel

nice looking guitar rev!....is it like a blue goldtop then???

never heard of the gem ones!

Well they were just made for a short time -I believe from the mid to late nineties - this one is a 1997. There was one I found locally some months back - but it was green (Emerald) and I just can't stand green guitars for some reason..

The Gem series were all P-90 equipped and came in the colors of Gem-stones (Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Amythest Purple and maybe one or two others. You all know I love Les Pauls and this bitch will just look and sound drop dead delicious with my blue sparkle Bad Cat Hot Cat 30. Today, for this moment -I feel like King Kong. :D

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Thanks to endless searches on GBase and other sites for months now -I have finally located and purchased a Les Paul Gem in Sapphire Blue which is THE color I wanted. I got it for $899 + $25 Shipping & Insurance and I feel like Wayne in Waynes World - Oh yes - it will be mine! Here's some pictures of this lovely creature fromtheir website. This completes my guitar collection and I am thrilled!

I found one too.....next to the Rickenbacker in my closet. :o

Congratulations. I have a Topaz (sunburst) one. You will love it.

PS-they were made in 1996 and 1997.

• Members
Originally posted by Hemispheres

I found one too.....next to the Rickenbacker in my closet.
:o

Congratulations. I have a Topaz (sunburst) one. You will love it.

PS-they were made in 1996 and 1997.

Topaz - I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks Bro!

P.S. Why in the wolrd is that guitar sitting in yer closet - get that bitch out and play her! :D

• Members

Nice one......When you need it painted properly....
:D :D

• Members

Jesus... 12000 posts...I'm suddenly feeling very tired...
:(

I'm a gear slut....You know I really love my pedals...I'm a gear slut... I'm in love with that shiny met-hul....I'm a gear slut....
:cool:

:wave:

I too am a slut. :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by BootRoots

wow 899 huh. I swear I saw a topaz one a few months back for 699?

The green (Emerald) one I saw here at a local store was about that much too. I don't care. I was willing to pay extra for the color I wanted. As someone previously stated - they only made them for a couple years - and I've been looking for a blue one for longer than that. It's worth every penny to me. :D

Archived