Need a delay that will be able to do this.

VanArnaoutov

• Members

Hey guys, I'm in need of a good quality delay that has a slap back thats exactly as loud as the original note. I also need to be able to program exactly the delay time I need (in this case, its 500ms).

I am currently playing with a PODXT that is very flexible and programmable but the delay just isn't strong enough.

Also, if it has some kind of built-in reverb it would be awesome.

It could be rackmount or whatever, price range - unlimited (under 500 preferably)

• Members

The exact time programming will be the sticking point.

The Boss DD20 will do the exact time and has a very good slapback. No reverb. $200.

The Yamaha UD Stomp will probably do what you want. Hard to find, deep depth, discontinued. $300 - 400.

The Magic Stomp might do what you want - the newer version II model allows for programming without a computer. Some issues with matching volume levels and tone suckage. $200.

Otherwise, check out rack units - TC D Two, Alesis MidiVerb, Behringer DSP2024P, Digitech S100, Lexicon MPX-550, even old stuff like the Yamaha SPX-90.

• Members

Originally posted by BmoreTele

The exact time programming will be the sticking point.

The Boss DD20 will do the exact time and has a very good slapback. No reverb. $200.

The Yamaha UD Stomp will probably do what you want. Hard to find, deep depth, discontinued. $300 - 400.

The Magic Stomp might do what you want - the newer version II model allows for programming without a computer. Some issues with matching volume levels and tone suckage. $200.

Otherwise, check out rack units - TC D Two, Alesis MidiVerb, Behringer DSP2024P, Digitech S100, Lexicon MPX-550, even old stuff like the Yamaha SPX-90.

Thanks. The boss looks really good but I need to know if the delay is at least as loud as the original notes. Hmmm... I'm looking at the rackmounts as well. The TC looks good, expensive too, but I wonder how it sounds.

Shameless bump.

• Members

Thanks. The boss looks really good but I need to know if the delay is at least as loud as the original notes. RECAP: What I need is THE EXACT THING I'M PLAYING (Same volume, same attack, same EVERYTHING) played ONE or MORE times again 500ms later. Hmmm... I'm looking at the rackmounts as well. The TC looks good, expensive too, but I wonder how it sounds.

Shameless bump.

• Members

Boss RDD series have independent volume knobs for the dry and wet signal, so matching them should be as easy as positioning the knobs the same. Delay time is selected by a 5 point knob, no way to know exactly how much delay time your getting but will get a rough idea Eg Knob all the way to the left on a setting will be the minimum of that setting etc.

• Members

Any delay with a mix/blend knob will do this. With it set in the middle, both notes will be exactly the same. Something that does this well is the EHX DMM. It's cool because you can set the mix knob this way, and if you want, turn the feedback up so the first repeated note is the same volume and the rest trail off. A Boss DD-3 would also work well.

Archived