G-Major alternative?

Mesabooger

• Members

What else is there that is like the G-Major (multi FX, no distortions/modelers). I want the unit to be solely in my effects loop. I have a footswicheable FX loop, so switching is not that big of a deal, since I mainly use one effect per song.

I saw a Rocktron Xpression, is this kinda of like that? I might wind up with the G-Major, just was wondering what else was out there.

Floor units like the GT8 where I can turn things off are not out of the question, I just dont want all the hassle and floor bulk.

• Members

Originally posted by Mesabooger

What else is there that is like the G-Major (multi FX, no distortions/modelers). I want the unit to be solely in my effects loop. I have a footswicheable FX loop, so switching is not that big of a deal, since I mainly use one effect per song.

I saw a Rocktron Xpression, is this kinda of like that? I might wind up with the G-Major, just was wondering what else was out there.

Floor units like the GT8 where I can turn things off are not out of the question, I just dont want all the hassle and floor bulk.

I have a Rocktron Xpression...I am very happy with it.

• Members

Originally posted by Ty Gerhardt

I have a Rocktron Xpression...I am very happy with it.

In what application do you use it? Is there anythingg you dislike about it? Do you use a foot controller? And anything gee whiz you could tell me

Thanx:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Mesabooger

In what application do you use it? Is there anythingg you dislike about it? Do you use a foot controller? And anything gee whiz you could tell me

Thanx:wave:

The way I use it in my rig is a little involved to explain here, but I have run it in front of my single channel amps and it sounds great. If you use it in an effects loop you will need a series loop to get the most out of it.

The sound quality is very good and your dry signal always stays in the analog domain, which is very cool.

All the effects sound good. Better than most rack units. I don't like the TC Electronics low end stuff...it's too buggy and I hear it crashes a lot live. Read the HC reviews.

I don't know...I am more of a pedal guy, so I usually have pretty low expectations of rack gear. The Xpression isn't the be all end all, but it does it's job well enough that I don't completely hate it. There aren't too many other rack units I would use.

Archived