I'm looking for a fuzz...

• Members

the Fox Rox Captian Coconut has a really nice sounding fuzz built into it..... you can change the "fuzz card" in it and taylor the tone you want to fit your own taste.. A fuzz card is a removable circut board that has transistors that are the heart of the fuzz sound. Different fuzz cards, different transistors, different sound...Check it out .. go to www.Analogman.com and look for the Captian coconut and just follow the links...the CC is a great pedal to have..it has IMO the best Uni-Vibe and Octavia effects in it as well....... i 've had mine for 2 years (over 500 gigs) and never a problem

peace to all.......joe

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by ChitownTerror

You know, every time Devi's pedals come up, I'm torn between the Silver Crank and the Torn's Peaker.

I could build you both in one box... that'd be interesting. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Simple Exploding Man

Would the Colorsound Tonebender be suitable?

yes, exactly what I was thinking, I have a Prescription Electronics Yardbox and only with the fuzz control all the way up, it will sound like a fuzz, a lot of people say the Yardbox doesn't have enough gain, and they're right, it doesn't have plenty of gain, but it does do what most fuzzes can't do, produce a creamy fuzz sound without squealing and without feedback and that still allows a chord to sound like a chord.

The nicest thing about the Yardbox is the tone control, it really has a wide range, can get really bassy or really trebly and anything in between.

Personally, I would not pick a fuzz to get the sound you're after, I'd pick 2 pedals, an overdrive and a booster, probablmy my favorite pedal combination

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

yes, exactly what I was thinking, I have a Prescription Electronics Yardbox and only with the fuzz control all the way up, it will sound like a fuzz, a lot of people say the Yardbox doesn't have enough gain, and they're right, it doesn't have plenty of gain, but it does do what most fuzzes can't do, produce a creamy fuzz sound without squealing and without feedback and that still allows a chord to sound like a chord.

The nicest thing about the Yardbox is the tone control, it really has a wide range, can get really bassy or really trebly and anything in between.

Personally, I would not pick a fuzz to get the sound you're after, I'd pick 2 pedals, an overdrive and a booster, probablmy my favorite pedal combination

That's probably what I'll end up doing - using a combination of two pedals. Do you have any experience with the Tonebender though? How does it sound?

• Members

Originally posted by Simple Exploding Man

That's probably what I'll end up doing - using a combination of two pedals. Do you have any experience with the Tonebender though? How does it sound?

only the re-issue, I have played a vintage Jumbo Tonebender, but I thought there was something wrong with it, serious volume drop, now the Tonebender re issue I tested at Macaris in London years ago and I didn't sound convincing, I had a Dunlop Fuzz Face re-issue at the time and thought it sounded pretty similar, perhaps a little louder, I didn't buy it, bought a Colorsound pocket theremin instead

THe Fuzz Face was soon sold after that, to raise funds for a ZVex Fuzz Probe, which still remains to be one of my favorite pedals today, since I needed a more subtle fuzz sound as well, I started to look out for a vintage Tonebender once more, but the prices were either too high, or I couldn't try them, so in the end I figured it would be better to get a Fulltone Soulbender, but when I tried that one in a shop, I also played the Yardbox and decided to take the Yardbox home with me, because it was cheaper and had a wider tone range, it is not a loud pedal though, it was perfect for my plan, I had the Fuzz probe for lead and the Yardbox for rhythm

About half a year later, I bought a Captain Coconut off e-bay and the Fuzzfoot on the CC2 is even better for rhythm than the Yardbox, for a short time, I had the 3 of them on my board, but the Yardbox had to make room for other pedals

Most recently, I put it back on the board, and I a

Archived