Clay Jones OD

homer65

• Members

I have one of the 52 Clay Jones OD pedals that unfortunately I have to sell. Made an impulse purchase, now I need Xmas money. He's done with the pedal business so once this one is gone, good luck finding another! Mine is # 52, the last one made...probably the best OD ever made, and more rare than any pedal I can think of...pm for details, before i have to put her on e bay.

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

[Cynic]Overpriced tubescreamer[/cynic]

Is it really?

Do you have any experience w/it ot is that just a guess?

I heard from one of my customers that it was extremely similar to Landgraff's DO.....which is an over priced TS as well.

• Members

Originally posted by edster

Is it really?

Do you have any experience w/it ot is that just a guess?

I heard from one of my customers that it was extremely similar to Landgraff's DO.....which is an over priced TS as well.

edumacated guess, from what I've read of it.

• Members

Originally posted by homer65

By it and find out!

Seeing there's only 52 in exsistence, not many people here can have an accurate answer. Scarcer than anything else, for sure.

[/url]

You're asking $750 for an OD and all you can tell me about it is "buy it and find out"?????

• Members

Bought it from Bob himself @ The Gear Page.

As to the" Buy it and find out remark", yes, that's how you'd do it! That's what I did! They are not made anywhere by anyone anymore. It's not like you can go to a local shop and check one out. I love it, but unfortunately I don't play enough to justify keeping it around...I would be seriously suprised if it was not the best damn OD pedal ever, EVER made!!!:thu:

• Members

This is what I posted on the Univalve forum, if it helps:

I did extensive a-b ing with my other pedals, which include:

Barber Direct Driver SS

Reverend Drivetrain

Hermida Zendrive

orig. TS808 w/ malaysian chip, TS-9, TS-10

Boss OD-1

Fulltone Fulldrive 2

It's hard to describe, it's like you are playing an amp, not a pedal. It does not have the "feel" of a pedal. The others are nice, but if you want a nice thick, smooth OD, then search no further. I really don't want to sell it, but I cannot justify having it, I don't play enough. It is GREAT with the flexi. It's an OD pedal, not a boost, but you can still use it as a boost if you want. Really retains all of your guitar's natural tones, the pickups retain their character, even a strat's "in between" settings.

• Members

Quotes from CJOD owners on The Gear Page:

After 2 hours woodshedding with this thing, the results are in...

If it's "Dumble" yer lookin for, this pedal seems to have it. I did a phone demo with *** ******* who seemed to agree, although the phone is obviously not the best way to hear it.

I've heard Dumbles, owned Two Rocks, had a clone built by Jim Price (which was very verrry close on the lead channel BTW). This pedal emulates the Dumble tone better than anything else I've ever heard. Is it worth the coin? Are the Cornish pedals worth it? Yes. I like the sound, I guess I can make it "my sound".... I'll have to play with it. More midrangey than I'm used to (that's Dumble), but the sustain is so damn sweet and the top end just sings and sings and sings.. it's like your playing changes because you become enamoured with that sound. More .... legato... is that the word?

I gotta agree with you guys, it's the sweetest freakin' pedal I've ever used I run mine through the clean channel of my amps, flip on the neck pickup on my guitars and it just sings.

I wish they would be readily available so that it wouldn't be so hard to replace should something actually happen to it.

I too agree with the availablility of the CJOD, I have two of them and each cost me over $900 and gringe at the thought of losing one. I won't take one of them out of the house unless, I am going to play somewhere that I have no worries about anything happening.

But the tone, it's is truely hard to describe, but nothing else comes close, and when running into the amp that is in my opinion the amp most designed/built for use with pedals, well let's just say it is a magical combination.

Clay is a brilliant guy and loves to tinker with designs and refine them for himself and maybe build a couple of something before he moves on to something else to tinker with. He is not a pedal manufacturer, just a passionate gear guy like the rest of us with a job, family, gigs, etc. He did those 50 and found that is not what he wants to do with his limited time.

Believe the hype...

• Members

it would strike me that Mr. Jones is missing out.

his pedals, due to rarity and legend are now hitting $700+.

i understand he doesn't want to make pedals.....

BUT COME ON!

if i were him, i think it may be worth considering the option of making a few of them pedals. lets say 1 per week. put it on ebay. hc. tgp.

$500 new.

he'd make a killing.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by DaSkip

I think I read that this Clay Jones is from the Florida, maybe panhandle or St. Pete area. I've also heard the pedal is great. I have no first hand experience with CJOD.
:(

Ah... then I'm thinking of the wrong guy. :)

• Members

I have a CJOD that I like a LOT and won`t ever sell but for the going ebay prices I could get another Stephensen Stage Hog and a MI Blue Proto.

As much as I like the CJOD nothing makes a clean amp sound like a big overdriven one as the Stage Hog (which is really a pedalized amp itself, even with a poweramp part that can be dialed in for the right amp compression).

Archived