Fulltone Choral Flange

guitarman1956

• Members

I have not tried the Fulltone. I own an Anologman Stereo Clone Chorus...It is awesome. It is the EH chorus with speed and depth knobs. It is much smaller than the Fulltone and the version I have is True bypass AND Stereo which the Fulltone is NOT TB when in stereo mode.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarchris

I have not tried the Fulltone. I own an Anologman Stereo Clone Chorus...It is awesome. It is the EH chorus with speed and depth knobs. It is much smaller than the Fulltone and the version I have is True bypass AND Stereo which the Fulltone is NOT TB when in stereo mode.

I'm not sure if this is the same chorus circuit, but the Memory Man is the prettiest chorus I've ever heard (plus it has delay)

• Members

Well I've tried to bump the ChoralFlange off of my board for years and can't. Some of the pedals that have tried are:

AnalogMan Clone - I've owned three! The first one I couldn't get past the slight volume drop and bass loss. Plus the CF could grok the sound and a lot more. The secong one had a partial deep mod. Better, but still a slight volume loss and bass loss. The third one is the dual mode one with a deep switch. I like this one the best, but still prefer the CF.

Boss CE-1. Big. AC only. Needs to be modified to work with guitar. Warm, deep, lush, underwater sound that is killer - but that's it. It's a one trick pony.

Retro-Soinc Chorus Ensemble - Small, true bypass CE-1 clone. Great pedal, but again a one trick pony.

Red Witch Medusa - HUGE. Lots of knobs. Some great sounds in there. Very versatile. Some settings were a little noisy. HUGE.

TC SCF - Is this thing on? The king of sublte. Great stereo immage though.

Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus - Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Jacques Meistersinger - Great bang-for-the-buck. My back up. This is just a great chorus pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

Well I've tried to bump the ChoralFlange off of my board for years and can't. Some of the pedals that have tried are:

AnalogMan Clone - I've owned three! The first one I couldn't get past the slight volume drop and bass loss. Plus the CF could grok the sound and a lot more. The secong one had a partial deep mod. Better, but still a slight volume loss and bass loss. The third one is the dual mode one with a deep switch. I like this one the best, but still prefer the CF.

That's interesting, I have no volume drop with mine on. I guess It really depends on what set up you have. A volume knob or blend would be great though.

• Members

I'll be honest...... I had a Choralflange, sold it when I needed the money, put my Keeley CE-2 on the board and was completely happy but have since put a Tone Core Space Chorus on and have been really digging the stereo spread of it. Sounds great on chorus and tri-mode. I thought I wanted to get a Choralflange again but quite frankly, for the amount of time I use chorus, the Space Chorus is keeping me happy. I got it for like $69 too and music123 was blowing out B-stock for like $34 recently. Definitely a great chorus. NO NOISE ISSUES WITH MINE. I USE A PP2.

Skreddy was praising the Space Chorus a little while back as well. :thu:

• Members

TC SCF - Is this thing on? The king of sublte. Great stereo immage though.

Have you tried turning the knobs on the thing ? It can get bubbly, flangey, warbly, swirly and vibrate your tone. In a much more hifi way than all the others cited because hi-end is not killed and shimmer is amazing. The pedals effects the tone yet remains transparent to the original tone, which sounds kinda contradictory, but isn't. But it certainly can do more than subtle.

also, the old "all-black" version does sound warmer than the newer "blue stripe" reissue.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarchris

That's interesting, I have no volume drop with mine on. I guess It really depends on what set up you have. A volume knob or blend would be great though.

AnanlogMan had a batch where there was a problem with some out of spec components and volume loss was one of the symptoms. The odd thing is both of my earlier ones did this to some extent. To AnalogMan's defense he offered to fix the first one for free even though I bought it used. Top notch customer service.

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Have you tried turning the knobs on the thing ? It can get bubbly, flangey, warbly, swirly and vibrate your tone. In a much more hifi way than all the others cited because hi-end is not killed and shimmer is amazing. The pedals effects the tone yet remains transparent to the original tone, which sounds kinda contradictory, but isn't. But it certainly can do more than subtle.

also, the old "all-black" version does sound warmer than the newer "blue stripe" reissue.

Hahahaha! No, I don't know how to twiddle knobs.

stuff.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

• Members

Hey, I don't know man... You could have a mountain of pedals without actually knowing how to turn knobs. Or maybe your SCF is broken. Anyway, it can do way more than subtle. I know mine can (it's the all-black version). :cool:

Hahahaha! No, I don't know how to twiddle knobs.

stuff.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

how is the sound of the hypnotic flange??

It's not bad. There's a whole lot of pedal there for not much $. I hate to use the bang-for-the-buck cliche but I think I got it for either $69 or $79 shipped. I somewhat prefer the Ibanez Classic Flange FL-99, which I also got dirt cheap whan MF was blowing them out. My fave is still the original MXR, but the Ibanez FL99 is a close second.

• Members

Originally posted by Jack Luminous

Hey, I don't know man... You could have a mountain of pedals without actually knowing how to turn knobs. Or maybe your SCF is broken. Anyway, it can do way more than subtle. I know mine can (it's the all-black version).
:cool:

I guess it's just not my cup of tea as this is the second I've owned and neither one did a thing for me. I much prefer the ChoralFlange which can do the transparent chorus as well as the TC, can get a much wetter chorus than the TC is capable of, and the flanger section is actually useable unlike the TC.

• Members

I guess it's just not my cup of tea as this is the second I've owned and neither one did a thing for me. I much prefer the ChoralFlange which can do the transparent chorus as well as the TC, can get a much wetter chorus than the TC is capable of, and the flanger section is actually useable unlike the TC.

I really like the flanger in the TC. Ha different opinions... :)

• Members

I go in and out w/ the Choralflange

ultimately, I think it's a great pedal

it really is

I think, that there may be times, when I'm in the mood for a crappy sounding chorus; strangely enough

but that might be it

otherwise, it really is a fantastic pedal

very versatile

and flange too just not the biggest flange you could get

Archived