Sooo, what was the upshot with Tonecore?

TIKILOCKEDOUT

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

The only one that interests me is the Verbzilla, and so far, people seem to like it a lot.

Ahhh, thats a new one one me ... Reverb I guess? What was the lowdown with the Flanger and the Roto thing Jim ... any reports? There is only one review of the Liquiflange at HC and NOTHING on the Boss RT-20! Did anyone we know of buy one of these yet?

• Members

the main problem is that they are tone suckers, the sound is decent but when you take them out of the signal chain it's like a thick blanket of fakeness being lifted from your tone... unless you already have a pile of pedals in your chain then you might not notice it that much.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

the main problem is that they are tone suckers, the sound is decent but when you take them out of the signal chain it's like a thick blanket of fakeness being lifted from your tone... unless you already have a pile of pedals in your chain then you might not notice it that much.

Yeah ... sounds about right too. I remember there being some question regarding the tone sucking and the digital vibe with these but at the time the THEN NEW Flange and Roto pedals were yet to be tested. I have found one or two reviews online elsewhere that make the same complaint generally about the TC stuff ... tone suckage .. it must be true then.

Have you tried the Boss RT-20 Robo?

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

What was the lowdown with the Flanger and the Roto thing Jim ... any reports?

I care not for Line 6's ideas on wobbliness.

Yeah, crappy bypass is a turn off. I don't need one...I just thought the clips sounded interesting.

• Members

Crunchtone does a good VOX Class-A sound. I have it set up with a hint of grit and treble boost for that classic jangly chime. Not a tone sucker to me.....but then maybe I don't get too caught up in boo-teek bypass issues or eric johnson battery and cable differences......as Frank said........

Shut Up 'N play Yer Guitar

• Members

Originally posted by telemike

Crunchtone does a good VOX Class-A sound. I have it set up with a hint of grit and treble boost for that classic jangly chime. Not a tone sucker to me.....but then maybe I don't get too caught up in boo-teek bypass issues or eric johnson battery and cable differences......as Frank said........

Shut Up 'N play Yer Guitar

it makes sense if you have a {censored}ty amp, guitar and 20 effects pedals already killing your tone, then sure by all means go for it... but if you spend a lot of money on good gear why would you want to throw a pedal in the mix that will make it all sound flat and lifeless.

The crunchtone is all digital, just forgo the amp and plug a POD right into the PA, your tone will be identical. That's all these "tone core" pedals are, a simplistic POD stuffed into a stompbox.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

That's NOT my experience.

I got an Echo Park, and tried it in a TB Loop too.

There's a slight difference in tone, but that's maybe 1/4th of the tone-suck of any Boss pedal.

AND the Echo Park slightly boosts the signal, which for me is a plus, since I only use it for leads.

• Members

Originally posted by Speeddemon

That's NOT my experience.

I got an Echo Park, and tried it in a TB Loop too.

There's a slight difference in tone, but that's maybe 1/4th of the tone-suck of any Boss pedal.

AND the Echo Park slightly boosts the signal, which for me is a plus, since I only use it for leads.

was it this amp?

Remco-05.jpg

Archived