Opinions on a local trade offer please!

GorillaLover

• Members

Someone has offered to trade their Mesa Mark IV Short Body 1x12 combo for my DSL 50 head.. he has stated that it is blowing fuses.. and seems to blow one after every 3 or 4 power ups...

this would avoid having to deal with shipping issues.. would give me something more portable, plus I can use it with my cab... and it'd be the type of amp I've been GASing for for quite some time..

I'm guessing I could probably find a local tech to work on it.. or show my uncle, who worked as an electrical engineer for the NRC for several decades...

Anyone think this is a good idea??

• Members
Originally posted by GorillaLover

Someone has offered to trade their Mesa Mark IV Short Body 1x12 combo for my DSL 50 head.. he has stated that it is blowing fuses.. and seems to blow one after every 3 or 4 power ups...

this would avoid having to deal with shipping issues.. would give me something more portable, plus I can use it with my cab... and it'd be the type of amp I've been GASing for for quite some time..

I'm guessing I could probably find a local tech to work on it.. or show my uncle, who worked as an electrical engineer for the NRC for several decades...

Anyone think this is a good idea??

It is probably blowing fuses because of bad power tubes and the guy has been to cheap to get all new ones. If you get it, get a whole new complement of tubes.

I like both amps, but the Mark IV is really hard to dial in. I have a DSL 50 that I hardly use and will sell after christmas, but I have to say it is a fantastic straight ahead rock amp. If you love the simplcity of the Marshall don't get the Mesa. ;)

• Members

I like the simplicity of the DSL, but it can't nail the sound I really want..

the clean isn't loud enough.. and I play all my rhythms clean.. I like a sustaining lead tone.. but the only way to dial out the upper mids is by rolling back my tone knob on the guitar to like 2-ish... (when using bridge)..

apparently he has tried new power tubes and had the same problem..

Archived