An invitation...

UncleDig

• Members

Just wanted to invite you to check out the website I'm building. A couple of things:

http://www.uncledig.com/

1) it's free, and spam-safe, so don't think I have some evil ulterior motive here :D

2) it's very new, so there aren't many users (yet!) and the site is still in beta test mode for at least another week or so

The site speaks for itself, but as a little preview - I wanted to build a place that encouraged community and collaboration, and made it easy and fun to contribute songs/clips/compositions/freakouts within certain themes. And a place where people can come and browse all of those things easily.

Right now the plan is to hold ongoing "song contests" and allow anyone to submit things for them. I'm also thinking that soon I'll have an "open gallery" where you can post any songs. I can host and stream them for you, or you can link to them from somewhere else.

There's NO obligation to participate in the song contests. There are forums, a private msgs system, and soon - a chat system, where you can just do your thing. No moderation (well - if you start posting death threats or bomb construction plans, you're outta there :) ), and I'm hoping it can be an active online community as it grows. And after a while, there should be a nice library of original music of all kinds to check out.

So, yeah... come on over and check it out?

http://www.uncledig.com/

• Members
Originally posted by Jamison

That looks like a really cool idea that will only work if you get a ton of active people to join. People like. . . like the ones here!

Depends on what you mean by "will work", "a ton", and "active" :D

will work - it will work as long as the people there enjoy it.

a ton - I'm not trying to take over the world here :) Just trying to provide an interesting stop out there on the web.

active - there's no pressure to submit songs. If each contest takes a month to get 2 submissions, then that's what we'll do. I'd like to see more, and I can promise that as I start telling the groups of people I know that are actually prolific, we'll have plenty of cool sounds there.

So - you should come by, right? :)

PS - I'm proud to say that Devi has already signed up. I predict that she'll NEVER be banned.

Archived