OT: Mozilla Firefox users question..

LongJohnny

• Members

I have been trying out Mozilla Firefox for some time now, and have a few questions.

1. Is there anyway I can cut and paste pictures into my ebay auctions? It only lets me see my listings in HTML format?

2. Ad block is an interesting plug in, but it seems I have to use it on every page. I like playing some games, but adblock seems to keep them from loading. Is there a way to use it on certain pages?

Thanks in advance,

John

• Members

Right click on the picture you want, then save to your desktop. Then you can either have it hosted somewhere or just upload it to ebay.

In firefox click Tools->Options->Web Features. Then click on allowed sites next to Block Popup Windows if there are certain web sites where you want to allow popups.

• Members

You can set up scripts in Adblock that will block a lot of pages without having to manually block images each time.

Here's a simple demonstration:

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=79&perpage=1&pagenum=3

I'm sure if you poke around on google you can find others.

Do be aware that sometimes Adblock can block out frames or content that are part of an actual website and not just ads. I can't think of any particular site that I ever go to that has this problem, but it can happen.

If a site works in IE but not Firefox, its likely you're missing a plugin the site needs to display properly. Flash isn't installed by default in Firefox (at least not mine) so that could be it. Flash drives me insane so I don't use it with firefox, and if I need to view a crappy Flash site I use IE to view it.

• Members

Originally posted by dan_plus_o

Yeah when ever I go to some sites they dob't work, so I just open up intenet explorer. Here try going to Pantera.com with firefox then try it with Internet explorer

There is a plugin you get install for Firefox that will automatically open IE to few pages that need it.

-Y.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

You can set up scripts in Adblock that will block a lot of pages without having to manually block images each time.

Here's a simple demonstration:

I'm sure if you poke around on google you can find others.

Do be aware that sometimes Adblock can block out frames or content that are part of an actual website and not just ads. I can't think of any particular site that I ever go to that has this problem, but it can happen.

If a site works in IE but not Firefox, its likely you're missing a plugin the site needs to display properly. Flash isn't installed by default in Firefox (at least not mine) so that could be it. Flash drives me insane so I don't use it with firefox, and if I need to view a crappy Flash site I use IE to view it.

apple.com and amazon.com are a couple where Adblock blocks regular images on the sire. It's a bit of a pain to go to preferences and disable / enable Adblock. Wish it had a toggle available on the Status Bar or something, with an automatic reload

• Members
Originally posted by cantoXIII

did you just...? well...nevermind.

hey longjohnny, you wouldn't happen to have any cheap blem electro harmonix pedals, would you?

That would be sweet...

I got a blem EHX Pulsar from this really cool site that went under:
www.pedalblems.com

Seems like The Man didn't agree with the concept of people getting things for less than retail...

It was a brilliant concept, though.

:wave:

Archived