When was the last time you ordered from Musician's Friend?

• Members

I only purchase clearance items form them. I believe that my last contirbution to their HC forum dictatorship fund ocurred a few months ago. The item in question was a Yamaha Magicstomp MKI.

(Boycot, boycot, boycot!)

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

For me it must have been when I lived overseas... That would have been maybe 10 years ago. I look at their website on a weekly basis. There is only ONE thing I want from them. Carter Pedal Steel. But I think I am onto year 4 not buying that.

I was in the Carter shop a couple of months ago. It is a messy, homey little place, reminds me of the 80's. The two gentleman who made the instruments were pretty cool. Their real steels are awesome. They had a few out hooked up to Peavey amps. The student ones don't impress me.

That is just my amateur opinion... I can play lap steel but not pedal steel, although I would like too.

Oh and I bought from MF about a month ago.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

For me it must have been when I lived overseas... That would have been maybe 10 years ago. I look at their website on a weekly basis. There is only ONE thing I want from them. Carter Pedal Steel. But I think I am onto year 4 not buying that.

i don't order from their catalog and online much, but their clearance center is here, so i'll drive by and have a look at the mile-high pile of junk they have just to see if i can find that diamond in the rough.

it's a cool place for odds and ends, and you can talk them down on most stuff.

• Members

I bought a Godin Montreal from MF last month. Arrived in 3 days, fantastic guitar.

Last week the sent me another one by mistake. Now I have two for the price of one :)

I'm trying to do the right thing--I've emailed them three times but I'm not getting much interest. Maybe they want me to keep it?

• Members

I order something from them about once a year. I don't think I've ever spent more than about $100 per order. Last order was a few months ago. A Rogue 12-string acoustic on sale for less than $100 shipped. Not too shabby a instrument.

• Members

watch this thread disappear:rolleyes:.i just order some celestion blues from them and had them price match another dealer.speakers shipped free floating in there boxes, arrived with bent frames and dented bell covers.i didn't even have to open the box to tell they were :freak: you could see a O ring on the box where the bell covers had been pushing the box from being thrown around and dropped.just some minor packing materials would have prevented all of the damage.then MF doesn't understand why I'm so :mad:

MF

just send them back and will send you another set

.:confused: yeah smash another set of speakers on my time and wonder why I'm asking if your going to pack them any different this time.

Archived