Effector13 25 Clean Boost (mini sized)

jonny guitar

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by papa taco

The upcoming 33 fuzz sounds interesting!

"05 clipping boost" too... gimme a week or two and I'll have sound clips and such.

devi-

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by jTreu

devi, whats a clipping boost do? is that like a boost clipping diodes?

Nay.

It's a clean boost that spikes into a very unpleasant overdrive, kind of like a bit of digital clipping on bad recording software...

If you attack your strings hard enough (or push the 05 with a boost before it), you get a very nasty fuzz sound.

... I don't expect it to win over fans looking for the next great smooth booster, but I definitely think it has its place somewhere... with some one. :')

devi-

• Members

Originally posted by Devi Ever

Nay.

It's a clean boost that spikes into a very unpleasant overdrive, kind of like a bit of digital clipping on bad recording software...

If you attack your strings hard enough (or push the 05 with a boost before it), you get a very nasty fuzz sound.

... I don't expect it to win over fans looking for the next great smooth booster, but I definitely think it has its place somewhere... with some one. :')

devi-

That sounds very interesting.

• Members
Originally posted by CS

Yeah I get it but I had second thoughts re my comment. But you quoted it. Now it looks like I have a conscience.

no worries. But 'tranny' is common slang for EE's when talking about transistors.
Or was it transformers?

{censored}, now I forgot myself. :mad::(

Anyway, transistor based or op-amp based is the question!

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Lanefair

Building pedals must be hell on your nails.

I know... I can't grow them out or get them done because I always have to cut them short again. :(

devi-

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

I mostly don't bother with that size any more - they're very fiddly to build and most people seem to want space for a battery...

Yeah... the "fiddly" part is why I stopped building the Mini Boosts.... god were they ever a pain in the ass.

miniboostframed.jpg

... but I do find there _are_ people who like the smaller pedals sans battery, and I'm just such a fan of really tiny effects!! They're just cute!!! :)

Anyhow I'm glad I found those smaller cases rectangular cases, because it's pretty much exactly like wiring up an MXR-sized... except for dealing with the LED, which ain't so bad either... in the end.

I'm so excited to finish off the 33 and 05.

... time to get to work.

devi-

Archived