New pedalboard -- kind of a workout -- with pics!

bobby yarrow

• Members

Correct me if I am wrong. I am a little curious becuase it looks like you have an Echo Park and a Memory Lane on the board. Why both? How do they compare? I am looking for a tap tempo delay, and I don't need all of the stuff on the DD-20. Should I just go with the Echo Park, or is the extra $200 dollars really worth it for the Memory Lane?

• Members

Hiya.

The memory lane and the echo park are pretty different, and I like having a long delay behind a short one. Actually, the echo park is vulnerable to getting bounced, if I can find the right alternative.

Sidenote: Here's what I want: a delay pedal the size of the echo park that will do 16 seconds or so of delay, with a switch that functions both for tap-tempo or, if held, as a momentary switch for infinite repeat. What pedal is that?

Adrenalinn -- I love the thing. Have never tried using it live, this is an experiment, but it's shown up on half the songs I've been involved with since I bought it.

• Members

Originally posted by bobby yarrow

Ok, so, it was a bit of a job, so forgive me for posting about it.

Here's the new pedalboard, all wired up:

Clicks thru to some pics of my modest project studio, if you're curious.

I like a man who just goes with the peds he likes size be damned. I'd get hung up on the size and power supplies of some of those big suckers but it's a nice set up....

• Members

Ah, right. Can't tell. That's a tap-a-whirl. And in the upper right is a mobius, with the adrenalinn in the loop.

Huge pedals. Yeah, look at that. 7 of my pedals are as big as a videotape or bigger. Somehow I thought a 36" board would make it easy, but I still have to put {censored} sideways and all that . . .

• Members

Oh, yeah. I like the echo park. I think the tape emulation is darn good, tho I use the digital with no mod. The memory lane sounds like a hifi, God's-own memory man, and the echo park doesn't really do that. But it's a great delay, short or long(ish), with or without a little tape warble.

• Members

DoooD! You could have fit at least five more pedals on that board!

j/k

Actually, how do you keep it all from buzzing and robbing tone when bypassing the effects? That looks like a glorious rig with a nightmare engineering degree required to wire it.

Very sweet set of pedals, I might add!

• Members

It's mounted on one of them tonebone boneyards. Getting the power supplies and stuff rigged up underneath was a fair bit of work. The pedals are almost all connected on the top of the board.

On the bypass question. The gainster is on all the time. I keep a buffered boss pedal near the end to help things out. The rest of the board is actually almost all 'true bypass.'

Order, by the way: adrenalinn (in loop) > London > BB-1 > Gainster (always on) > POG > Voodoo Vibe > Tap-a-Whirl > Memory Lane > TU-2 > Moogerfooger phaser (stereo out) > Echo park (stereo in). If I'm living it up, I'm running to 2 amps out of the echo park.

• Members

Originally posted by Shamuspizzbutt

Settings on the Voodoo Vibe?

It looks like you're using it for trem. I can dial in a good trem sound, but I can never get a great trem sound (I know it's in there).

Actually, the VV isn't set for what I want to use it for. I really want to find the chorus I found once again. I do love it for tremolo tho. Bias at 2 o'clock, a little messing with the symetry, very nice I think.

Archived