The FoxRox TZF Thread (appreciation, settings, etc)

stompboxx

• 3 months later...
  • Members

i'm gonna try see if we make a go of this thread.

i just got one and don't know it very well yet, but think maybe would be nice to see what others are doing with.

my first day with it i was quite a bit happier with it than i am now.

started out with it out front and wonder if maybe it doesn't sound better than in the loop, however like the manual says it damn sure sounds better on the clean channel. it sounded pretty bad on the higher gain channels.

next i moved it to the loop of my triple rectifier, defenantly sounds better on the dirty channels. messed around and got some pretty cool sounds, but didn't have much luck getting an agressive JET PLANE sound.

after reading another thread i played again with the soul purpose of trying to get an aggresive JET PLANE sound. finally got it to swirling pretty good by working with variations of the conventional flanger setting. however don't know if all flangers do this, but it seemed to take a few seconds of playing to get the sounds going that i wanted and then by that time i'd move to a less agressive lead part and then it still being going all crazy with the swirls. didn't try to hard to remedy that, but what little i'd would take away the aggressiveness of the parts i wanted aggressive.

i'm running + and mono on the B output.

gonna try and mess with some tonight, and maybe even run it stereo with my little combo amp.

Anyways, if you got one and have some good settings or secrets lets hear them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also i haven't really messed with trying get the TROUGH ZERO thing a going, nore do i really grasp the concept of it. so if anybody can explain that in laymans terms, that would be cool.

• Members

Originally posted by Porkchop Xpress

Hey man, I should be getting one in the next two weeks. Dave said he is shipping it to Mike Pierna today, so it shouldn't take too long after it gets there. Did you see the Foxrox thread I started? I would love to get more input and settings from users in that thread.

yep, saw that, mostly about the coconut though. tell them to hurry up and get yours out!

• Members

allright, just got through flogging the thing for a couple hours. didn't run it stereo yet, but tried lots of settings and deferent guitars.

figured out that it gets along better with my active EMG pups, then it does with my Duncans. also figured out that it really likes having my Keeley fuzzhead in front.

it doesn't take to my other dirt pedals, but seems to get along with my comp.

and suprisingly does pretty good with my phaser in front.

one of the things that i don't like about it is that it can get a wierd metalic sound, kind of an envelope filtery sound, that can be hard to dial out. got this sound lots more with the passive pups.

the thing is really touch sensitive, and just backing off on pick attack or even rolling back the volume just a tad will really change the sound. once if figured out the attack thing i seemed to get along alot better with it.

the phase setting is nice for mellow stuff, but didn't sound real good when digging in with pick.

the analog vibrato setting is awesome! really like this setting alot:thu:

house burning down is allright, defenantly way better with the emgs though. fuzz was good with this one.

so far haven't really got a jetplane sound i'm happy with, guess i'll keep trying.

• Members

Originally posted by Porkchop Xpress

Hey Stompboxx, is there any possibility of getting some clips?

Afraid not...I've not played with pedals a lot lately, just guitar and amp.

I had a great setting with the exp pedal where you can set it like a vibe and being the modulation in, I got sound great sounds with it....I too haven't worked the complexities of the phaser out either, which was the objective for starting the thread.

Archived