Props to LongJohnny Cables

jonny guitar

• Members

I bought some 34 switchcraft connectors and 15' of Canare wire from LJ last week to redo my pedal board and must pass on a good experience. I bought the parts rather than premades because I wanted a bunch of weird lengths and I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to put where.

Anyways, price was great, delivery into Canada was really fast, and service was awesome. I emailed LJ on Saturday about a *weird problem that I was having and he emailed my back with the solution with a 1/2 hour (on a Saturday).

My pedalboard signal is really great now and there is very little difference when I TB the 17 cords and pedals. Great experience all around.:thu:

*weird problem was the thin graphite cover of the inner insulated wire shorting out the wired....you need to peel back the black stuff off the clear insulation in order for the cables to work 100%. I never used Canare before so I wasn't familar with this and was really baffled as to why the cables weren't working.

• Members
Originally posted by LongJohnny

jonny, I finally got the LongJohnny cables and cable tester off to you today. Sorry about the wait.

John

Long wait.....it has only been 3 days.:p

Didn't you get my email saying that you really didn't have to do that....the problem is totally solved and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. It is totally strange but I actually like the sound of my guitar signal when it is going through the extra 12' of wires and non-buffered pedals..it has a crisper sound with no loss of highs at all. :)

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

*weird problem was the thin graphite cover of the inner insulated wire shorting out the wired....you need to peel back the black stuff off the clear insulation in order for the cables to work 100%. I never used Canare before so I wasn't familar with this and was really baffled as to why the cables weren't working.

I've gone through that. took a long time to figure out.:)

Archived