Effects Clip Archive - another try - you're invited!

UncleDig

• Members

Hiya HCFX'ers!

Some of you know that I'm starting a website that's meant to be a fun, open, sharing community of musicians with a focus on posting songs/clips for others to hear and comment on (and build on, if you choose to allow it).

It's at http://www.uncledig.com/ Come by and check it out if you have a few minutes.

The reason for this post is to let you know that I've setup a section of the site called the Effects Clip Gallery. I want to make it available to all of you who occasionally do effects demo clips (and of course, to ANYONE who wants to hear them). You need to register to upload clips, but that's quick and painless, free, and spam-safe.

The illustrious Devi Ever signed up last week, and Devi has graciously agreed to put not only her Effector 13 stuff (http://www.effector13.com/) up there, but also to go back to her archived CD's from the previous attempt at a Guitar Effects Archive and include some of those as well. That's a huge start, and I want to publicly thank Devi for even considering it. It will take her a while, I'm sure - but all good things are worth waiting for.

If any of *you* have effects clips, please come by, sign up, and post them. The long term goal is to get a good archive of all kinds of effects clips so that people will have a place to go to hear an effect used in different contexts by different people. It's also a fun way to show off a little :)

In the next week or so, I'm going to try to contact some of you personally who I know have good demo clips, and try to make sure they get on the site. Hell, I'll post them myself if you'll just point me to them on the web and give me permission to post them!

Hope to see some of you over there. There are cool plans in the near future, including an ongoing audioblog (podcast? :freak: ) that will feature interviews with effects builders, players, and other semi-famous personalities. Keep an eye out!

Dig

Guest Anonymous

I found a lot more sound samples than I thought I would... nothing gigantic and amazing... but still a nice start... will upload them tonight and tommorow. :')

illustrious? *snickers*

devi-

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by UncleDig

What? You want I should call you INFAMOUS?!
:eek:

:thu:

Good call. I definitely prefer illustrious... it's just... well... that was the first time I've ever been called something so proper before. :')

BTW everyone... clips are up.

You should all upload clips as well. Seriously... this will turn out to be a great resource, but only if everyone is involved!! :mad:

devi-

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

Here are a bunch of clips that might be useful ...

http://www.oddworldz.com/ck3clips/

:wave:

Rawk. Thanks for posting that link! Do I have permission to post these at the site? Do you want to do it yourself so that we get good descriptions?

Let me know. I'm willing to do it, but I won't know what to put in the descriptions.

Devi is a goddess. I think she put up about 35 clips in about an hour. THANK YOU DEVI!!

Thanks to all the other people who are starting sign up and upload too. SteveR put some sweet clips up, including some whacked out Ineko stuff.

edit: wow ck3 - we definitely need to rescue those clips. That place is popup hell! :mad: Thanks again for making them available, though. I'm not complaining! :D

• Members
Originally posted by UncleDig

Rawk. Thanks for posting that link! Do I have permission to post these at the site? Do you want to do it yourself so that we get good descriptions?

Let me know. I'm willing to do it, but I won't know what to put in the descriptions.

edit: wow ck3 - we definitely need to rescue those clips. That place is popup hell!
:mad:
Thanks again for making them available, though. I'm not complaining!
:D

I was going to be lazy and just say upload the lot ... but you probably have a point about the description bit. :o

It would, indeed, be nice to have them posted somewhere without the threat of pop-ups and random user agreement and ownership changes, so I definitely appreciate your decision to revisit the Effects Clip Archive idea.

I have to hit the hay soon, but will see what I can post in the next few days. :thu:

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by ck3

I have to hit the hay soon, but will see what I can post in the next few days.
:thu:

w00t

I'd be glad to help you go through the process of uploading some of them to the Archive if you can send me descriptions.

devi-

• Members
Originally posted by UnkleSlam

I don't have a ton of clips up, but you're welcome to use any of the clips from Tone Factor.

Thanks Brad!! I'll try to go through and post them this weekend. I'll probably just point to your MP3 files at your site, if that's ok (and of course, reference your site in the descriptions!). edit: I see you signed up! :) You can do it if you want - but I know you're busy with the shop. Let me know.

Thanks all you other guys for the positive comments. I think this has a chance to be a really great community.

Teahead, stereo, 44july have all posted stuff either in the effects clip section or the song section - and it's all freakin SWEET stuff too. You guys rock.

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

I've offically begun peppering the gallery with clips ...
:D
... I'll try to post a few each night until the whole lot has been relocated from the dreaded oddworldz server.
:freak:

:thu: Great start!

Damn guys - this is shaping up quickly. Thanks for everyone's participation. When we get past this heavy lifting stage, maybe a song contest will get some attention.

If you know of people who have clips, or if you see someone posting - be sure and let them know about the site.

I'm thinking I might start a list of indie effects builders and try to make sure that I've approached each of them about letting us at least link to their clips. I wouldn't want to piss anyone off by linking without them knowing, or worse, uploading a copy of the clip to the site without their permission.

Thoughts? Is there a good list of indie builders already published somewhere?

Dig

Archived