Fuzz God Sound Clips

Ben Fulton

• Members

Hey there Rock and Rollers......

Sorry for the slight delay.

These clips were recorded with a Shure beta58 microphone into Logic Platinum Audio and converted into Mp3s with Wavelab. No extra EQ, reverb or knick knackery. Better quality clips will be forth coming.

A Les Paul fitted with Humbuckers is plugged into the FUZZ GOD and then into a Tweed Fender Twin.

Much noodling ensues

FUZZ GOD Stock fuzz sounds

FUZZ GOD SPUTTER

FUZZ GOD sub octave + synthy sounds

FUZZ GOD Parasitic sustain

You got 'em here first:)

Ben

• Members

i love chrome....

one question:

i have fairly bright amps and so far ive had problems with germanium fuzzes, like the keeley fuzzhead and analogman sunface cause it got tooo bright, icepicky.....there is no toneknob on the fuzz god....so therefore

my question is: what kind of amps does it suit best ?

• Members

Good question......

The Fuzz God has a rounder frequency response than most Fuzz pedals for this very reason. Some of the tops are rolled of until you get to the last 20% of rotation (4 o'clock to 5:30) - then the sizzle returns .Things are incredibly loud at this point anyway - it has a massive boost ; fuzz + cooking input stage tubes........mmmmmmmm:love:

Also the tops roll off when you edge the fuzz control back.

The clips aren't particularly representative of this - I'll get some better ones up before Christmas.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ben

• Members

Originally posted by SoulSerenade

Hey Ben,

Any way of getting one of those knobs (volume?) to shut off the battery supply (when turned completely counterclockwise) for those of us who would like to give it a permanant home on a pedalboard?

Very nice clips btw...

Ben..... this question has been asked a lot and you still have yet to answer it. So???? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

i have fairly bright amps and so far ive had problems with germanium fuzzes, like the keeley fuzzhead and analogman sunface cause it got tooo bright, icepicky.....there is no toneknob on the fuzz god....so therefore

I too have bright amps...

One suggestion: Cat's Eyes mista fuzz, not too expensive, excellent IF PLUGGED AFTER a buffered pedal (non true bypass)

;)

Archived