PodXT/XT Live Question

Erocku

• Members

I'm looking to geta pod and have a few questions. I'm mainly going to be using it for recording and for practice when it is night time so I don't wake up the family. Secondary use will be running it in the FX loop of my amp for FX only.

I tried out a PodXT Live when it first came out, and one of the problems I remember having is that several tones on the customtone.com website were not compatible with the XTL.

I recently logged onto the Customtone website and when I tell it that I have a PODXT, XTPro, or XTLive... the same amount of tones show up.

Has anyone had this problem, or has line6 fixed this?

Is the XTLive much better than the XT? Should I just get an XT and some model packs instead?

What about the XT Pro? Are the extra ins/outs worth it?

• Members

xt live is more useable because it is a pedal and you dont need to have the floorboard (so it is cheaper) the sounds are going to be the same as they are the same DSP and the same models. Either will cover every musical ground from the cleanest jazz to the deepest darkest metal of all your nightmares.

If you are reamping your setup plugging directly to a mixer or going to a digital audio recorder then the pro may be worth it to you. If you are hobbiest lvl then I would just go with the LIVE.

there is my thoughts on it

Stratmaster

• Members

Out of the 3 choices, def. the XT Live. Although the volume/wah pedal have been known to act funny on a few batches, I don't know if this has been the case in other areas but my GC had one shipment where are the expression pedals locked up after about a week of use. Just a heads up.

Archived