OT: Show us those old analog synths ya got

Sir H C

• Members

And my Maxi-Korg. This is pretty much two Mini-korgs in one. You can do 2 notes or have the two oscillators for one note. A fun and powerful synth. These also have the "traveler" like the Synthipedal that Univox/Korg made. The high and low pass parts of the filter can be independently set, makes it much more useful.

maxi-korg-full.jpg

maxi-korg-ctrls-left.jpg

maxi-korg-ctrls-right.jpg

• Members

Arp Axxe. I got this broken (like all these synths). Someone connected the power supply backwards to the main board and so the +15 and -15 were reversed. Smoked most every chip on there, fortunately they are standard chips (no curtis or SSM) so fixing it was possible.

arp-axxe-full.jpg

arp-axxe-cntrls-left.jpg

arp-axxe-cntrls-right.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by marfue179

hot thread

ps , i dont have any
:(

For these really old ones, you can find them cheap broken on e-bay. They are pretty simple inside and schematics for most are out there if you look hard enough.

The Roland SH-1000 was $46 on e-bay. Problem was that it is European so it doesn't do 110 volts.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

For these really old ones, you can find them cheap broken on e-bay. They are pretty simple inside and schematics for most are out there if you look hard enough.

The Roland SH-1000 was $46 on e-bay. Problem was that it is European so it doesn't do 110 volts.

Hey I have had a roland SH-1000 since 82. Do you the schematics? Any chance you can tell me what the fuse is in it...I stupidly pulled mine out and need to replace it but have no idea what the amperage is.

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

yeah , but in the place i live (Chile) that kind of gear is expencier than America , although i've seen some nice analog synths for 350 bucks aprox , actually i think that's the cheapest price on analog synths that i've ever seen here

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

Hey I have had a roland SH-1000 since 82. Do you the schematics? Any chance you can tell me what the fuse is in it...I stupidly pulled mine out and need to replace it but have no idea what the amperage is.

The line fuse is 1A. The 2 little guys are 0.5 A.

service man.:

http://arnaldo.ortega.sites.uol.com.br/sh_1000_service_manual.htm

Thanks for the photos Chris!

• Members

Originally posted by ickystay

The line fuse is 1A. The 2 little guys are 0.5 A.

service man.:

Thanks for the photos Chris!

Thanks, now to take photos of my Polymoog, Emu Emulator I, mini-korg, and Arp Omni. I love buying busted keyboards as most of them are cheap fixes.

• Members

Sorry, I didn't test the link. It used to be a 200+meg zip. Here are a couple of the pages I keep on my harddrive:

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/sh1000/sh100pages.zip

The only analog synth I have that always works is this:

cs01.jpg

Not working would be an SH1000, SQ Six Trak, Crumar Performer, and PCB's from 3 Moog Sattellites and an Arp Axxe.

The Axxe will be racked up eventually. There is still hope for the SH1000 and the Performer. The Six Trak chips (cem3394's) will perhaps become 3ea 2 osc homebrews. The Sattellites may also end up in racks.

• Members

Originally posted by ickystay

Sorry, I didn't test the link. It used to be a 200+meg zip. Here are a couple of the pages I keep on my harddrive:

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/sh1000/sh100pages.zip

The only analog synth I have that always works is this:

cs01.jpg

Not working would be an SH1000, SQ Six Trak, Crumar Performer, and PCB's from 3 Moog Sattellites and an Arp Axxe.

The Axxe will be racked up eventually. There is still hope for the SH1000 and the Performer. The Six Trak chips (cem3394's) will perhaps become 3ea 2 osc homebrews. The Sattellites may also end up in racks.

Non-working Sh-1000? I can help you there, check out the schematics!

Archived