I'm about to F*cking leave Harmony Central for good bc of all this MF BullSh*t...

Spydog1985

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i'm just as pissed as everyone else that this great forum is being ruined but i realized something... this is MF's board now and they'll run it how they want. they don't give a {censored} how long any of us have been here and what we're happy with or not happy with. things are going to keep changing around here until they are happy and they'll prolly continue to make changes and deletions without warning or justification

i've cut down on my posting around here... so much that my post count is going backwards, down 7k overnight actually!

:rolleyes:

but i'm not going to quit... rather than running away to another forum maybe everyone should consider sticking around and keep doing what you've always done. if they delete our threads.. start another one. if they delete our accounts.. start another one

bang the drum

• Moderators
Originally posted by (((echo)))

this is MF's board now and they'll run it how they want. they don't give a {censored} how long any of us have been here and what we're happy with or not happy with. things are going to keep changing around here until they are happy and they'll prolly continue to make changes and deletions without warning or justification

I'm okay with that... there has been too much abuse of the HC board for a long time and I have actually been expecting them to crack down... I'm surprised it took this long! :)

For anyone that is really bent about this, there is a forum for HC refugees:

http://s14.invisionfree.com/XHCFX/index.php

regards, Jack

• Members

Jack,

Thanks for the mention, but I should be clear about this, since it's caused some weird controversy in the past.

XHCFX isn't for "refugees," it wasn't created out of protest, it's not anti HC or anything like that. I gave it that name partly because it is a place I set up for folks I met here, and partly as a pun, because delorean posted something that gave me the idea for it, and he is straight edge.

There is a little bit of HC-related bitching on my forum today because of all the stuff going on here with the post counts -- and most of us do still look at HCEF regularly for gear-related stuff. But for the most part, it's a bunch of really cool people just chatting our way through the day.

Everyone is welcome to come by and hang out. No one should expect it to be a mirror of HCEF, because it's not. And we do have clear rules, and I do make an effort to enforce them. But in all honesty, if you think it's a forum full of bitter haters, you're plain wrong, and if you want to go there to foment a revolution or something, it's not going to happen, and if you're chief interest is in pissing me off, it'll be an unpleasant place for you.

Anyway, I just want to clear up misunderstandings before they turn into something. I was slow to do that in the past, and it kind of bit me in the ass.

Hope to see y'all there, or here, or whatever.

Cheers.
GBM
Head Ninja In Charge, XHCFX

• Members
Originally posted by AMZ-FX

I'm okay with that... there has been too much abuse of the HC board for a long time and I have actually been expecting them to crack down... I'm surprised it took this long!
:)
regards, Jack

yup. I had a post deleted years ago when I made one that was too commercial. I learned that this forum is not a place to spam and shill. Never was, Nothing's changed.

In other boards I have been on, members will put up big spam and other rude pictures when you do that sort of stuff, not here, so the moderators do it.

Have fun!

• Off Topic Exile

Not to be a dick... but anyone here with their panties in a bunch over a bunch of deleted threads needs to get a life. They were apparently old threads that hadn't been added to in a LONG time. I've been an active member since 2003 (I changed my Moniker) and have never paid attention to my post count. The moment you base ANY part of your ego on the amount of posts you have on an online website is the moment you need to REALLY reprioritize your life.

HCFX is a place for diversion and eduction, not a substitute for real accomplishments.

• Moderators
XHCFX isn't for "refugees," it wasn't created out of protest, it's not anti HC or anything like that. I gave it that name partly because it is a place I set up for folks I met here, and partly as a pun, because delorean posted something that gave me the idea for it, and he is straight edge.

Well, refugee in the sense that it seems to be a place for non-FX talk for HC folks and that's cool.... I actually prefer H-C to be more on-topic... I don't mind some off-topic posts and have even enjoyed quite a few of them, mostly about weird stuff or odd links, but the parody threads and political rants were really getting to be too much.

on the other hand, I cannot believe that grown men care very much about their post counts! :freak::confused:

Good luck with the forum!

-Jack

• Members
Originally posted by SkoolHouseRox

I've been an active member since 2003 (I changed my Moniker) and have never paid attention to my post count. The moment you base ANY part of your ego on the amount of posts you have on an online website is the moment you need to REALLY reprioritize your life.

:confused: who said anything about post count:confused:

i think you missunderstood there, lil buddy...:rolleyes:

plus, if you're so guiltless that you can cast the first stone, then why'd you have to mention that you've been here since 2003.("i changed my Moniker") So you don't care about post count(which no one here mentioned but you), but you care that people know that you've been here long enough that you deserve the same respect those with high post counts deserve? :thu:
Glad to see you want to rip others for something they never said, and yet you haven't noticed the giant speck in your own eye:o

but nice try:)

-j

• Off Topic Exile
Originally posted by Spydog1985

:confused:
who said anything about post count:confused:

i think you missunderstood there, lil buddy...
:rolleyes:

plus, if you're so guiltless that you can cast the first stone, then why'd you have to mention that you've been here since 2003.("i changed my Moniker") So you don't care about post count(which no one here mentioned but you), but you care that people know that you've been here long enough that you deserve the same respect those with high post counts deserve?
:thu:
Glad to see you want to rip others for something they never said, and yet you haven't noticed the giant speck in your own eye:o

but nice try:)

-j

Wrong... I just enjoy the forum and would like to see it go back to being on topic or not... anything but the constant bitching and paranoid complaining. I'll admit I probably posted in the wrong thread (I should have addressed yours).

The mention of how long I've been here had nothing to do with ego... I still don't get where you're coming from with that... I just wanted it to be clear that I have been around and am aware of the changes... I just don't let them get in the way of my enjoyment of the forum.

Carry on:wave:

Archived