DIY pedal mods?

Dave_Mc_2

• Members

Are these any good? (here's two links i found: http://www.monteallums.com/Product_links.html (actual kits) and http://www.guitartone.net/products.htm just instructions- i don't mind whether it's a kit or just instructions, I could buy the components from somewhere like Maplin)

Are they as good or comparable to Keeley mods/analogman mods? It's academic somewhat, cos i'm not shipping my existing pedals to Keeley in the states, and he doesn't offer mods on some of the pedals I have... Just wondering if anyone has tried them...

The SD1 mod would be the one where I'd like to know how it'd compare to the Keeley mod, since I don't actually have an SD-1 yet (I can buy a new Keeley-modded SD-1 here in the UK).

Thanks for your time

And, if anyone should know if these mods are available for free... ;) EDIT: just the schematics, obviously!

oh yeah, I have a boss MD2, CS3, TR2 and a dunlop gcb95 crybaby

:thu:

• Members

i am going to try modding a SD-1 with the monteallums mod very shortly. I am waiting on the parts I already have the instructions. In the meantime I am going to evaluate the SD-1 stock then I have a benchmark to compare with the mods. I'll let you know how it turns out....:D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Drop me an email or a PM if you need a schematic, I've got most of the ones you are interested in.

You can get most of the parts at Maplin, but they are quite pricey. However if you anticipate only doing one or two mods they are OK because they sell parts individually. Some other places only sell in lots of 10 or more. www.smallbearelec.com in the US and www.banzaieffects.com in Germany also have a good range of parts, both catering specifically to guitar effects.

Archived