Pleasantly surprised with Ross phaser.

KirkHammett1

• Members

I actually dont use much effects at all, mostly none. But have been eyeing the new VH MXR phaser for a while to get some Eddie tones. I picked up this old Ross phaser and wasnt expecting much and this thing sounds great. I probably wont get the MXR now. This thing is nice, fat warm and musical. Never heard of these before, wondering if you guys know about them. I'm very happy with this pedal, I'm so glad i picked it up now.

• Members

glad you're digging it, man! fat, warm, and very musical indeed. kinda surprising they remain so unnoticed, as the Ross comps are seen as the grail. of course, that works fine for those of us who want a solid-as-a-brick vintage phase with some real mojo ;):thu:

• Members

Ross pedals were made I believe by the same guy that owns Kustom amps and speaker company. The Ross Compressor is a verry sought after pedal for alot and emulated alot in custom builds, it resembles a dyna comp alot. But the only reason ross compressors truly caught on was because many learned of Phish Guitarist using a ross compressor and other artists as well. I was looking at the Ross phaser they look set up differently then most phasers nice find though.

Archived