Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs tone?

toneprophet

• Members

Not the effects or anything like that, but the raw tone of his guitar. I had read somewhere that he had used a foxx tone machine for Bridge os Sighs. I know he used the classic Strat Marshall setup, but have never been able to get my Strat Marshall setup to repro his tone. I have used the old 4 input marshall stacks, the first preamp overdrive Marshall stacks, Bluesbreaker, and the JCM 800. What's interesting is he never used that tone on any other CD.

Anyone know how Trower got his tone on Bridge of Sighs? I started listening to this CD again, and I am hearing harmony guitars on some of his solos, for example the outro in Day of the Eagle. It also sounds like he may have doubled some of the guitar solos.

• Members

Yeah his clean tone on About to begin is great too. I was listening to the 1st solo on Day of the Eagle, it sounds like he is using a mutron 3, and that little double stop pull between the intro and the 2nd verse, "its like the wind", sounds like the wind blowing, know what I mean. Very cool.

Archived