Jump to content

Two Zvex Probes?


losergeek

Recommended Posts

  • Members

i think in this case the word "interfere" means creating some type of noise (radio-like interference). or at least that's what i've heard on occasion. actually, it's been a long time since i've heard that particular problem... it might have improved because of circuit updates. luckily probes are kept an inch or more apart naturally because of the 1/4" plugs sticking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

To the original question, I think you could control two at a time, but it might not be as smooth as controlling one at a time. Half a foot doesn't seem to register as fast as a full foot.

Originally posted by zachary vex

i think in this case the word "interfere" means creating some type of noise (radio-like interference). or at least that's what i've heard on occasion. actually, it's been a long time since i've heard that particular problem... it might have improved because of circuit updates. luckily probes are kept an inch or more apart naturally because of the 1/4" plugs sticking out.



Have there been any updates to the Wah Probe circuit? Mine gets all hissy with my foot on the plate. Not terrible or anything, but it seems pretty odd...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

i'd suggest putting a cloth over the plate when using stocking feet. the sensitivity of the plate's control circuit has to be quite high to detect your foot through a shoe's sole... so naturally it's a bit too sensitive to have a foot directly in contact with the antenna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

i'd suggest putting a cloth over the plate when using stocking feet. the sensitivity of the plate's control circuit has to be quite high to detect your foot through a shoe's sole... so naturally it's a bit too sensitive to have a foot directly in contact with the antenna.



Oh, this is with shoes on... I guess I probably just need to adjust it :cool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

how high do you have the booster volume set? what effects are before the wah probe?



I have it set pretty low. 10 o'clock or so. No effects before it right now. I spent some time this morning with the trim pots and managed to get it down to a reasonable level while still keeping the sweep in tact. It's one of my favorite effects btw, the little bit of radioish noise never really bothered me too much, I was just wondering if the circuit updated you mentioned might have taken care of what I'm experiencing :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Originally posted by ThisBrian



I have it set pretty low. 10 o'clock or so. No effects before it right now. I spent some time this morning with the trim pots and managed to get it down to a reasonable level while still keeping the sweep in tact. It's one of my favorite effects btw, the little bit of radioish noise never really bothered me too much, I was just wondering if the circuit updated you mentioned might have taken care of what I'm experiencing
:)



i'm sure yours is the updated version. all wah probes were made after the circuit was updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...