Wanna know who discovered the SCOD!?!

• Members
Originally posted by turtleheadblues

Yea i am curious also. Never tried any of the Catalin peds. Or ZVEX for that matter. Not sure why.

I'm thinking that G&L Tribute that I bought from you might have some punch with SCOD! :D

GLTele.jpg

I did some stuff to it.....:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by gregovertone

is the SCOD similar to other pedals?

i picture it being in the ballpark of a BB or OCD.

is this a wrong assumption?

To my ears, it is nothing like either of those. The BB is much smoother, and rounder. The BB is a great pedal, but the SCOD has more bite and presence. The SCOD is really open sounding with little compression, whereas both the OCD and BB seem to have more compression built in, hence rounder sound.

The SCOD is one of my fav dirt boxes for my sound (ragingly heavy punk rock type tone).

• Members

I dug the SCOD. I REALLY dug Nic's handy work inside......I've always wanted to do some boards that way.
I really liked the sound it just wasn't the right fit for the sound that I was looking for. If I could have stood not having that money around I would have kept it for studio work. I wanted the SCOD to have a hair more bass and more gain.....I am in need for more distortion that OD.
There will be more CAT pedals in my future....que dream music...lights...and fuzzy images of a certain trem pedals floating around my hung over head.

• Members

the SCOD is hands down the best distortion pedal i've ever owned. in fact, the only one i've ever loved or liked. It sounds open and organic. The OCD was in a similiar ballpark but sounded a bit fake in comparison.. in my opinion. In an A/B with the two..with a Les Paul, Tele and a Strat.. though a Dr. Z Maz and a 70's silverface Twin.. the SCOD won hands down with every guitar..in both amps.

I sing the praises of this pedal to everyone who asks about my distortion tone...and after my gig the other night, that was 3 different guitarist from 2 different bands.

Nic, I never get tired of telling people how much I love this pedal. Congrats. I hope I've brought you more business..you deserve it.

• Members

Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

the SCOD is hands down the best distortion pedal i've ever owned. in fact, the only one i've ever loved or liked. It sounds open and organic. The OCD was in a similiar ballpark but sounded a bit fake in comparison.. in my opinion. In an A/B with the two..with a Les Paul, Tele and a Strat.. though a Dr. Z Maz and a 70's silverface Twin.. the SCOD won hands down with every guitar..in both amps.

I sing the praises of this pedal to everyone who asks about my distortion tone...and after my gig the other night, that was 3 different guitarist from 2 different bands.

Nic, I never get tired of telling people how much I love this pedal. Congrats. I hope I've brought you more business..you deserve it.

hey Stoney, my Route 66 is here! check out my review i posted, i mention the SCOD.

Archived