What kind of wah is John Petrucci using on 'Home'?

danbronson

• Members

That would be a Dunlop Rackmount Wah.

Home is the only DT song that I can play around my wife without her going crazy :)

As far as the wah, they are discontinued, pricey, and hard to find.

dunlop_rack_wah.gif

I think a tesse wizard or 535q would get you in the neighborhood for 1/2 the price.

• Members

Weird, I'm using a 535Q and running into my Marshall it sounds great, but into my Mesa I can't pull that kind of sound out at all. It just doesn't seem to work with the Mesa voicing.

That said, if it were the rackmount running into a super-processed Mk IV/Recto/Triaxis/Roadking/whatever he's using, I'm sure it would be a different story.

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Weird, I'm using a 535Q and running into my Marshall it sounds great, but into my Mesa I can't pull that kind of sound out at all. It just doesn't seem to work with the Mesa voicing.

That said, if it were the rackmount running into a super-processed Mk IV/Recto/Triaxis/Roadking/whatever he's using, I'm sure it would be a different story.

Somewhere in his site says it's a "Custom Shop" wah so he may have paid a ridiculous amount of $$ to the boys at Dunlop/MXR.

A Teese Wizard wah may get you close to the sound with the boogie but it is not nearly as tweakable as the 535q.

Archived