Its quite painful to listen thru a SIGUR ROS number...

Jaggery

• Members

It was painful for me, too, at first...

Taken from their own website;
"it's of course not an actual language by definition (no vocabulary, grammar, etc.), it's rather a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument."

It seems to me that some gay people undergo distinct phases of sporatic, whimsical behavior that's to be expected from brilliant third-graders. Jonsi is gay, so I find it peculiar that his signature form of lyrical writing, called "hopelandic", has become a successful niche. If it weren't successful, I'd probably be embarassed for him because I hate looking back at my life and thinking about all the weird stuff I've done. He overcame that, and that must have taken a lot (or maybe it was no problem, being gay :confused: ). I guess what I'm saying is that, although hopelandic seems silly at first, once you get used to it you can see why Sigur Ros is so acclaimed.

• Members
Originally posted by innobidova

"it's of course not an actual language by definition (no vocabulary, grammar, etc.), it's rather a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music and acts as another instrument."

It seems to me that some gay people undergo distinct phases of sporatic, whimsical behavior that's to be expected from brilliant third-graders. Jonsi is gay, so I find it peculiar that his signature form of lyrical writing, called "hopelandic", has become a successful niche. If it weren't successful, I'd probably be embarassed for him because I hate looking back at my life and thinking about all the weird stuff I've done. He overcame that, and that must have taken a lot (or maybe it was no problem, being gay
:confused:
). I guess what I'm saying is that, although hopelandic seems silly at first, once you get used to it you can see why Sigur Ros is so acclaimed.

A: I don't dislike it because it's silly.
I dislike it because it's random and friggin boring.
Cocteau Twins=awesome.
Sigur Ros=Elevator music.
B: What the hell does being gay have to do with anything but who you're romatically and/or(some people want love and no sex, and vic versa, rare as they are) sexually attracted to?

Or maybe you're just used to hanging around with immature people who are far more likely to volunteer information that doesn't concern you in general.

"I Just LOOOVE cake!"

"Uhhhhhh, thanks?"

Same thing as:
"I LOOOOVE cock!"

"Uuuuuuhhhhhh, thanks? And...no thanks, Mr Uber-tactless."

Those people bother me in general, and they come gay straight and everything in between.

You live in a world, unfortunately, it's not the same as humans.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

B: What the hell does being gay have to do with anything but who you're romatically and/or(some people want love and no sex, and vic versa, rare as they are) sexually attracted to?

don't know where you were getting at with all those other comments, but i'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

• Members
Originally posted by innobidova

It seems to me that some gay people undergo distinct phases of sporatic, whimsical behavior that's to be expected from brilliant third-graders. Jonsi is gay, so I find it peculiar that his signature form of lyrical writing, called "hopelandic", has become a successful niche. If it weren't successful, I'd probably be embarassed for him because I hate looking back at my life and thinking about all the weird stuff I've done. He overcame that, and that must have taken a lot (or maybe it was no problem, being gay
:confused:
). I guess what I'm saying is that, although hopelandic seems silly at first, once you get used to it you can see why Sigur Ros is so acclaimed.

What? I thought that {censored} was French... :mad:

Archived