Dr Z. Route 66 is here.

Elliott Damage

• Members

one sentence review.

best amp ever.

slightly longer but not thourough review:

its exactly and i mean exactly what i wanted.

the clean is incredible....you swear there's reverb on it but its dry. so rich, so thick, so harmonically jivin'. I was worried before it got here that it might be muddy. not in the least. its gorgous. The cleans man, the cleans!!!

add in a Catalinbread SCOD with the gain a little above half and contour a little below half.....its some of the finest distortion i've ever heard. Papa Taco, you were asking about the SCOD, its exellent through the Z.

put a DD-20 in front of it....the best delay i've ever heard. it sounds sort of like watching a snow storm out your window but you're inside feeling all warm and fuzzy. a little poetic i know :p

it makes everything sound expensive.

I had heard it was unforgiving and I was worried it would make me sound like {censored}. It doesn't, I sound the best i've ever sound.

Its loud has hell, i can't crank it here, but I will take it to my parents house for Christmas and dime it.

I have a feeling that this and my cab will be cornerstones of my rig for a long time to come.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

not yet. i'll get one at some point. the cleans were such a welcome suprise that i don't know if i need one at the moment.

With a attenuator you can get it so it is just breaking up and clean it up with your guitar volume at 9...little tweak of the volume during your solos gives a nice harmanic richness to accent certain notes without sacrificing your cleans.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Congrats on the Dr. Z some of my favorite amps! If only Emerald City could get some in stock that aren't already sold to somebody!

thanks! the SCOD sounds great through it. It is the sound i always wanted. And if i play with the neck pickup it sounds just like Weezer's Blue Album crunch. so tasty. If I play with the bridge its Jimmy Eat World's Clarity crunch. crank up the gain and its At The Drive In.

I'm ordering a Timmy for my lower gain stuff and i'm calling it quits, this is definately the best sounding setup i've ever had.

I don't know if I could play an amp that wasn't a Dr. Z. That unique front end setup really sucks the tone straight out of the guitar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

just a little update on the Route 66....

its true...the louder the better. sweet crunch from half on the dial up. no OD pedal can sound like this in my opinion.

After your first post about the Route 66 I've been thinking of pullin' the trigger on one, but instead a bought a Epi Paul and a Valveking, I'm sure if I keep reading this thread I'll regret it. :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by SeeMoore

After your first post about the Route 66 I've been thinking of pullin' the trigger on one, but instead a bought a Epi Paul and a Valveking, I'm sure if I keep reading this thread I'll regret it.
:cry:

Hey no regrets man! i'm sure it sounds great!

Its how you use it that makes gear sound best.

• Members

just a little update on the Route 66....

its true...the louder the better. sweet crunch from half on the dial up. no OD pedal can sound like this in my opinion.

Correct. See? That's why I sold my KT-45. I loved the tone with the volume turned up to 1-2 o'clock so much that anything less just left me limp in comparison. As you know, these amps on 1-2 o'clock are LOUD and I couldn't play that loud all the time.

Archived