Aqua Puss, Echoczar, MF-104(Z), Memory Lane, Worth the $$$?

ZJD

• Members

Way Huge Aqua Puss $830+

Moog MF-104 $690+

Echoczar $675+

Memory Lane $430+

etc...

Are these and other high-priced delay pedals worth the money? Or are they over hyped? What about tape delay? Are they a better alternative to higher priced tape units?

Thoughts? Opinions? Have you tried some of these delays yourself? What features do you use most? What sounds more musical?

Bottom Line: Which delay is worth the money?

Thanks for your input.

• Members

i haven't heard much about the aqua puss, but the czar, moog and diamond delay surely are great units.
i think they're worth a dd20 or dl4... but often i hoped it wouldn't be so.. :mad:

well, i'm on the waiting list of an echoczar. what i know is:
1) echoczar
has the sweetest modulation delay with the angelbaby i've ever heard and it's the most musical (whatever i mean with that) delay outta there. it's got a osciallation which fades out automatically and has some nice features. you can do realy funny things with the expression pedal, too..

2) moog
i once heard a clip from 44ofjuly. moog delay, rw pentavocal tremolo and verbzilla. that clip got me in love with the tremolo and the verbzilla. well, for the moog.. it was just delay. just pure delay. nothing great about it,.. but i think it was the "finest" and most ordinary (in a good way) delay i've heard.

3) diamond
i just know the samples of their homepage. i think the new and soon avaible pan is a big upgrade to the unit. well, i think it's kind a mix between the moog and echoczar. the modulation is not as nice and flexible as the angelbaby (of course) and the delays are not as fine as the moog. but the moog has no modulation and the echoczar is kinda too musical ...

well,.. i'm sure i even don't know what i've meant with some things i told you, but i believe in the things i said... :freak::D

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

i haven't heard much about the aqua puss, but the czar, moog and diamond delay surely are great units.

i think they're worth a dd20 or dl4... but often i hoped it wouldn't be so..
:mad:

well, i'm on the waiting list of an echoczar. what i know is:

1) echoczar

has the sweetest modulation delay with the angelbaby i've ever heard and it's the most musical (whatever i mean with that) delay outta there. it's got a osciallation which fades out automatically and has some nice features. you can do realy funny things with the expression pedal, too..

2) moog

i once heard a clip from 44ofjuly. moog delay, rw pentavocal tremolo and verbzilla. that clip got me in love with the tremolo and the verbzilla. well, for the moog.. it was just delay. just pure delay. nothing great about it,.. but i think it was the "finest" and most ordinary (in a good way) delay i've heard.

3) diamond

i just know the samples of their homepage. i think the new and soon avaible pan is a big upgrade to the unit. well, i think it's kind a mix between the moog and echoczar. the modulation is not as nice and flexible as the angelbaby (of course) and the delays are not as fine as the moog. but the moog has no modulation and the echoczar is kinda too musical ...

well,.. i'm sure i even don't know what i've meant with some things i told you, but i believe in the things i said...
:freak::D

Honestly I wish I could afford all of them and make a decision after trying them out, but finances won

• Members

As with anything only you can decide what is worth it. I personally use a Echotap Deluxe Delay Machine and DD3. I can get any type of delay sound and rotate the pedals when I'm bored. I currently use the Echotap the most but it was the DMM for some time.

• Members

Originally posted by CS

As with anything only you can decide what is worth it. I personally use a Echotap Deluxe Delay Machine and DD3. I can get any type of delay sound and rotate the pedals when I'm bored. I currently use the Echotap the most but it was the DMM for some time.

What was lacking in the DMM? DLS Echotap right?

• Members

The Way Huge is some of the best delay I've ever heard. But it's a quality clone of the DM2.

I had a DM2 and it's great. Even an expensive buy on ebay will be significantly less than an Aqua Puss.

The Moog I can't comment on.

The Memory Lane looks the goods for price to quality ratio. I think it would top the EchoCzar.

The DD20 is the budget choice. Not analog, but very very good and half the price of a Memory Lane.

For mine, I'd go memory Lane...with the DD20 worth a try.

Archived