Electronics experts... help!!

dopey1978

• Members

Any schematic experts here?

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/STMs-Circuit-Ideas/Three_band_Eq_non_interacting_bands

I want to use this schematic in a project I'm making but I don't read schematics like this. Any idea how I can get this converted to a perfboard style layout?? Also, are those 3 op-amps? What would I use to make this work?

Thanks!!

• Members

That shouldn't be too hard to convert to perf board.

Easiest thing to do is to teach yourself to read schematics. It's actually not that hard once you spend a little time on it. Anything that's connected on the schematic should be connected on your perfboard.

Look at Aron's beginner projects on his forum for some "intro to reading schematics" type stuff.

• Members

Generating the Vref is no problem. There are 3 opamps used for the eq, and if you take a tl074 or other quad opamp one is free to give you a nice buffered Vref.

That usually outperforms the simple two resistor solution. Ask if you need help for that.

But are you sure you really want that eq? To me it looks like all stages are more or less bandpass/notch eq's. That's fine for what it is, but it can't replace a ordinary low/mid/high eq.

• Members

Originally posted by edeltorus

Generating the Vref is no problem. There are 3 opamps used for the eq, and if you take a tl074 or other quad opamp one is free to give you a nice buffered Vref.

That usually outperforms the simple two resistor solution. Ask if you need help for that.

But are you sure you really want that eq? To me it looks like all stages are more or less bandpass/notch eq's. That's fine for what it is, but it can't replace a ordinary low/mid/high eq.

You still need the two resistors to set the voltage, the op-amp will just lower the impedance for the reference voltage. A cap is needed too but watch out putting one on the output of the op-amp.

• Members

Originally posted by edeltorus

Well it's the only schematic I've been able to find for an eq so far. I really want to add it to a fuzz pedal just to give more control over the tone. Would there be something better??

Archived